• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
B4FAF195-A47E-4896-80F6-674431304DA4.jpg6CE7ECE3-D215-46EA-B1AC-A08181B1B222.jpg6D34542B-C2EF-477C-A26B-8ACCB9FF958F.jpg18051562-A360-4CF9-80CC-9EBBBABBFE15.jpg

Installed new winter front.
Cold here today and it does make a difference with engine and cab heater temps.

Chevybrit

This is my next project. Went to town today to drop off my inspection ticket to please the revenuers and when I came back out the starter would just clunk. The solenoid energizes but the starter doesn't turn. Look like it'll be down for at least a week by time I get a starter in. NAPA wants $300 by time they get it shipped to them and AdvanceAuto doesn't seem to know what a 24v starter is. EvilBAY it is I guess......
Had the same issue and a little service cured it ... see this

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?171432-Clunk-but-doesn-t-Always-turn-over

It might help save some $$

Chevybrit

I've been through TM 9-2320-289-20 Page 207 onwards and can't find any reference to some kind of mechanical valve in the exhaust ... sounds like the power valve system in my old RGV and YPVS ... Those were the days :naner:

Beandip

What are you going to the old transfer case, I mite need it.
for now its collecting dust in the garage. Not exactly trash, but its there for in case my buddy needs it for his CUCv. I put it through some use running the 40s on 10 psi on rocks locked in the front. im surprised it held up as good as it did. either way not sure if i'm going to part with it just yet. or if i was, it would be a local thing as i wouldnt want to mess with shipping.

computer54

for now its collecting dust in the garage. Not exactly trash, but its there for in case my buddy needs it for his CUCv. I put it through some use running the 40s on 10 psi on rocks locked in the front. im surprised it held up as good as it did. either way not sure if i'm going to part with it just yet. or if i was, it would be a local thing as i wouldnt want to mess with shipping.
Just let me know I mite just drive out from TN. and get it.

FrankenCub

Volvo740turbo

I finally got around to changing the water pump on my m1009 upon removal of the timing plate there appears to be a spring-loaded rod on the gear that drives the fuel distribution pump does this just get pushed back with the timing plate or is there something more to retain it I have not tried to pull it out all the way

cucvrus

It just rides there in the end of the injection pump. Nothing holds it there but the cover and spring tension. May I suggest you change the front main seal while you have that torn down that far. Good Luck. Happy Holidays.

FrankenCub

I finally got around to changing the water pump on my m1009 upon removal of the timing plate there appears to be a spring-loaded rod on the gear that drives the fuel distribution pump does this just get pushed back with the timing plate or is there something more to retain it I have not tried to pull it out all the way
It will push back in with the plate. I will also need to replace my pump soon, getting noisy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks