• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

Update: replaced all bulbs. Found out the full k5 lens cover will work on a cucv dash.
Replaced full speedometer after realizing how fragile those little needles are. I like it.

When I actually get the time to take everything back out I have to trouble shoot why these lights are not working:
Gen 2
4x4
Oil indicator
Water in oil I think?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Nice repurposing of the older Speedometer. I like it. I had a speedometer and gauge cluster that was rusty and faded in the Mule M1009. It worked and looked good. I loved the patina on the old cluster. I cleaned it reinstalled it and everything worked like new. Uniqueness is what it's all about. Everyone can replace parts and act like they reinvented the wheel. It takes patience and for thought to use what you have and make it work well. I repurpose everything I can and scrap and recycle what ever I can not. I would rather give something away to someone that wants it and has purpose for it then scrap it or throw it into the ever growing land fills. Have a great Day. very nice work you done there.

3jumpjeep

Nice repurposing of the older Speedometer. I like it. I had a speedometer and gauge cluster that was rusty and faded in the Mule M1009. It worked and looked good. I loved the patina on the old cluster. I cleaned it reinstalled it and everything worked like new. Uniqueness is what it's all about. Everyone can replace parts and act like they reinvented the wheel. It takes patience and for thought to use what you have and make it work well. I repurpose everything I can and scrap and recycle what ever I can not. I would rather give something away to someone that wants it and has purpose for it then scrap it or throw it into the ever growing land fills. Have a great Day. very nice work you done there.
I like the look of that speedometer, but I like having the yellow "55". I feel like I'm bursting through a ribbon and winning a race when the pointer gets there. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cucvrus

You need the cables from an M1009? The ones that run from the firewall buss bar to the interior right cargo wall/radio rack. I will send you a set for a square trade. Contact me. Complete with new metal P clips and loom as removed from the M1009 20 years ago. I have a few sets.

Chaski

Poly engine mount inserts installed! We’ll see how the Summit Racing house brand holds up. A pair was about $15 cheaper than the energy suspension ones. They seem identical, but grey.

FrankenCub

Poly engine mount inserts installed! We’ll see how the Summit Racing house brand holds up. A pair was about $15 cheaper than the energy suspension ones. They seem identical, but grey.
I've spent thousands with Summit, most of the time it has been their house branded stuff. Always been happy with their stuff.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After unloading supplies today, had time to actually wash bed out.
All the hay, dirt, lumber bits, etc.
Have been meaning to do this for months, but something always comes up.

Nice and clean now.....until tomorrow when I break out the chainsaw again and load up more campfire firewood.

Merddin

I was waiting for someone to mention that.
It’s old damage and door was fixed not long after getting truck.
They were horrible.

Need new strikers but can’t find undamaged GM ones.
Do not want the cheap non-GM ones.

Pretty sure you can get new strikers from Rock Auto for under 10$ a piece. My dad put new ones on his 1008

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[/QUOTE] Pretty sure you can get new strikers from Rock Auto for under 10$ a piece. My dad put new ones on his 1008[/QUOTE]

I can find non-GM all day long.
Do not want Dorman brand or other China brands.
Only want GM strikers.

cucvrus

Only want GM strikers.

Please remain calm. Good things will come to those who wait. I am on task and you are on the list. Not on the bottom but on the second page. :) Have a great day. Polish your star and keep it dry.

Merddin

Pretty sure you can get new strikers from Rock Auto for under 10$ a piece. My dad put new ones on his 1008[/QUOTE]

I can find non-GM all day long.
Do not want Dorman brand or other China brands.
Only want GM strikers.[/QUOTE]
I understand about chinese crap completely! But for a non moving part I wouldn't worry about it. I go to great lengths to avoid aftermarket Chinese, Mexican etc parts as well. It just depends on what it is. Your next bet is go to local salvage yard and try to find a used one. To be honest most will be about like the one you had. I would look at passenger doors because they had less use. My dad got the Doorman ones from Rock Auto for his 1008 and they look great. And he is as anti aftermarket as you can get, very much a purist. Rock Auto wants 8.25$ for the strikers, just checked. I am going to buy a pair because they have the nylon bushing on them too. I think I'll get hinge bushings while I'm at it for 2$. Good luck!

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only want GM strikers.

Please remain calm. Good things will come to those who wait. I am on task and you are on the list. Not on the bottom but on the second page. :) Have a great day. Polish your star and keep it dry.
I’m very calm.
Never Doughted you for a second.
Always come through with the parts needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks