• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

JSF01

I got an antenna for my truck. I installed the base, this way people stop telling me my gas cap is open while I am driving. I am not sure yet weather I will permanently be leaving the antenna portion attached or just occasionally put it up for show, since if somebody wanted to, it is real easy to steal.

Attachments

Last edited:

JSF01

What do you mean by this? What did it look like before you added the bracket?
It was the bracket that people were mistaking for the gas cap (or I guess I should it should be the gas cap door?). On my truck the military installed a HUMVEE antenna bracket that's very boxy that's just behind the gas cap door, so when you are driving directly behind from the driver can only really see the rear face of the box so it looks like a gas cap door being open. With the antenna base now installed it should clue people in that it is a bracket.

howardc

Drilled out a stripped seat belt bolt in the bed. Vacuumed and taped in preparation for durabak.

Anyone have ideas for sealing random holes in the bed before durabak? Pencil sized holes, not from rust

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove 371 miles south to Columbus GA and back and spent the day with the CAMO crew and others celebrating Veterans Day with the Columbus GA Veterans Day Parade. Represented all us M1009 owners proud :)

JSF01

I just put together the Army Equipment Record Folder with proper documents for my truck. When I had bought the truck the empty log book had been sitting in the back. It's been sitting around my place since and figured I mine as well put it to use.

Attachments

donalloy1

Finally replaced Rear Window Crank Assy on O9. WAPITA! Thankfully able to reassemble without breaking anything. Gave me an excuse to thoroughly service/lubricate inner workings. Actually goes up and down smoothly now with much less effort! Only problem is that finish is chrome. Better than what I have been running for years though. On to next project.

86k5

I replaced a leaky injector pump a couple days ago. fixed the leak. But now it's running goofy.
Not sure what I did but it's shifting to early and vibrating way more at idle any suggestions on what Is causing this please message me and let me know.

RobM36A2

Me and a friend went mudding in a forest. Got my M1028 all dirty, and thanks to the locker in the back, did not have to use 4x4.
But when i needed to stop, i did need it. How cool is that? 4 spinning tires to get moving again . front and rear lockers.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a low battery situation toasted all 8 of my glow plugs....

I ran a 2ga wire to the 12V bus, and from the bus, to the glow plug relay.. making the glow plugs get 12V instead of going through the resistor...

Installed 8 new AC60G glow plugs, and crimped on new connectors because of the wider tab.

Will be installing a manual switch for the GP solenoid and most likely removing the GP controller.

RobM36A2

Spend half a tank of diesel for parts and still haven't got what I need.
Replaced the inferior micro-car-horn with 2 from another car. Took a while to get it all fit behind the grille.
Also took the horn suppressor out, the wires were toast and was running out of space. Result: a cool sounding horn.

Previous owner had installed a different switch for the blower, in the ashtray.
Was hooked up like this: 2-0-3-0-1. (Switch from some electrical box).
I wired so it complies with the setting on de face of the switch. (1-0-2-0-3)

Before it got dark, also got aroud to a grounding issue with the floodlights on top of the rollbar. Should be solved now.

I_Publius

I replaced the GP relay this afternoon. I purchased a new AC Delco d1777 from Amazon for $21 plus free shipping versus purchasing one locally for over $40.

My 12v (Roscommon) CUCV has not started for the past few days after I ran her for a couple of hours. The GP relay had been clicking, so I figured I would replace it. After this and she still will not start.

I guess I will be checking wires and connections This week.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went out after work to get in my daily driver M1009... wait.... what? Dang. Left the headlights on!

They were on for six straight hours.

Key in, wait light.... VAROOM! The starter didn't even sound slow.

I might need to wire in a timer though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks