• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

GreggVA

Pulled my starter on the start of my slow engine turnover and battery adventure.

Need to figure out which starter I have, get the right rebuild kit, and then decide what replacement batteries I will get. Leaning toward Group 31's. suggestions?

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

M1009 Added items over X-Mas Break

Added solarcharger, 32's, block heater, oil pan heater, hood heat shield, floor heat shield with vinyl floor and ammo can cup holder. The floor and hood heat shield with padding really helped with cabin noise. 3 more pics coming only 10 allowed per post.

new 12-13 027.jpgnew 12-13 039.jpgnew 12-13 037.jpgnew 12-13 035.jpgnew 12-13 033.jpgnew 12-13 029.jpgnew 12-13 031.jpgnew 12-13 045.jpgnew 12-13 043.JPGnew 12-13 041.jpg

M1009 NEWBEE 2013

3 more pics added from previous post

3 more pics of the X-Mas holiday work done on my M1009. See previous post for other pics. All went well and the floor and hood heat shield really helped and worked nicely. Block heater and oil pan heater worked very well at 15 degrees this morning.

new 12-13 047.jpgnew 12-13 049.jpgnew 12-13 051.jpg

epitts

Love my M1009

Got down 7 below here last night, did not plug truck in. Went out this AM and cycled the glow plugs twice, it turned over a few times then fired right up. My 01 Dodge would not start, have it plugged in right now. Great truck

truck1

Just finished up my Badlands 12000lb winch installation on my 1028. Thanks to Shankem for the behind the bumper idea. I did mine a little different. I had the engage/ disengage lever on the right side of the truck. This allowed the cable to operate on the bottom of the winch and not near the the bars that hold the unit together avoiding possible jam ups of the cable. That also allowed the fair lead to be mounted directly to the bumper in line with the spool out of cable. The solenoid was mounted on the left side radiator support next to the blackout light. Fit was perfect. I also changed out the cheap Chinese wire that came with the winch to #2 AWG battery cable . That added 130$ to the total package, but I paid 299$ for the winch. That upgrade should hopefully help the unit run cooler and reduce overall stress on the circuit. Also the new units from HF have a spring loaded spool friction device which helps reduce birds nests while free spooling. I like it, and it works . Will update after load test.

Attachments

86k5

1.5" wheel spacers for the rear axel
LMC headlight harness
and an air intake hose (flex tubing)

*** I'm not sure about that LMC headlight harness. It's not all that noticeably brighter to me.

In the last month I've also installed a new IP, glow plugs, and valve cover gaskets.

86k5

1.5" wheel spacers for the rear axel
LMC headlight harness
and an air intake hose (flex tubing)

*** I'm not sure about that LMC headlight harness. It's not all that noticeably brighter to me.

In the last month I've also installed a new IP, glow plugs, and valve cover gaskets.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388879415.291279.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1388879426.074321.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1388879436.624239.jpg

max1008

Started and drove the m1028 at -10F the other day. Not bad for a stock truck with the military batteries and no block heater.
went to 0 last night and started right up. after 15 miles my fuel gelled! errrr. swapped fuel filter and started up. filter emptied 3x until it finally cleared. I guess I picked up some summer fuel last time I filled up. No diesel 911 for 20miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks