• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

wayne pick

My truck jelled up sat morning, stalled on route 9 from Peekskill to Ossining about five times till I limped it to a parts store. The one time I didn't treat the fuel, go figure! I added some 911, and was good to go.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck jelled up sat morning, stalled on route 9 from Peekskill to Ossining about five times till I limped it to a parts store. The one time I didn't treat the fuel, go figure! I added some 911, and was good to go.
Might be helpful if you mention what the outside air temp was when this occurred.

koltin

Had mine started yesterday, temp was about -3, no additives. ran for about 10 minutes, then I watched the batteries go dead. 2 brand new batteries died in about 10 min.

Shackelford R

Did my final pmcs before I fly back to Ft. Carson And CUCV took 2 tries to start at 50* so I checked the Glow plug system and the temp sensor connector was cracked in half go figure so I used the search function and low and behold found PN posted for Napa by warthog had it replaced it with the new style sensor and connector in 30 minutes with a trip to parts store cost 32 dollars with military discount. Now I feel better having my truck shipped to post.

RobM36A2

Went to pick up some diesel at a garage (20 liter diesel, 4 liter gasoline in 1 jug) Fine for my M36, maybe even for the M1028.
Then took the papers and plates from my Chevy Van, is now official exported, but still in the driveway.
After all the business was done, went to a local washbox and hosed the M1028 clean of mud. Tomorrow to inspection to register it as a truck..

PETE BALLARD

last friday was faced with no start condition, was sitting in 6 in of standing water so i waded in ,hooked the chain and drug it inside. slightly puzzling - had 2 fully charged 12 volt batteries but no start. could not confirm the presence of 24 volts - found junper cable loose on one of the battery clamps. Cleaned, tightened and coated with corrostion preventer. Look out- we are running now!!!!

rjager

Found a workshop not 500 yards from my home where i can work at it for 4 months. (space rented out after that)
Suspended the truck registration and put it indoors.

todo list:
replace glow plugs
install cup holders
Do doghead mod
Install electrical fuel pump
remove rust on several spots
Install sound insulation to remove unwanted noises
repair seat + dash
replace old rubber hoses
clean all electrical connections
fix voltmeter

When thats done, get it certified as a real truck without paying humongous road tax.

Billman

Installed HMMWV seatbelts in the old M1009. A few snags with the bolts in the floor, but all is well now.
I would highly recommend this upgrade/mod if your seat belts are as bad as mine were.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks