• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

RobM36A2

Installed a second hand light switch, the old one didn't switch between normal and bright.
The new one was from a Chevy Van, so needed to modify a bit.
The mod consisted of pulling the old switch from its plate and securing the new one on it.
Bit of a bodge fastening job with some wire, but it stays in place, even with some abuse.
The plate is secured the normal way, with little bolt and little nut.
Also replaced the head light bulbs.

Last edited:

RobM36A2

Me and Scrambler went to the DMV on tuesday. Up on inspection of the M1028, they found (read: made up) some points to let me fail the inspection (again!!)..
So, all the way home, I was thinking: Should I sell it, because of all the things they make up to let me fail..
But, after a while of silence, Scrambler said to me there is a guy near his place, who has an M1008 and also registered as truck.
So, we went there and that guy was so pissed, because of the DMV letting me fail 3 times, he said, come on, lets drive to the nearest inspection station and let me do all the talking..
Long story short, my M1028 is now registered as a truck here in The Netherlands. The legal GVW is now 9400lbs. Before a little over 7700lbs.

C15TA

RobM36A2, congrats on the DMV inspection. I have friends in Holland that are always having problems with the inspections there. Good luck with the truck.
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Barry

AECS

Doghead mod done today, along with engine brite the trany, transfer case, and axles. Tomarow changing those fluids and washing...

Baer

Any MV vehicle that is newer than July 1st 1985 is illegal in the state of Georgia per the currently laws. You may have a registration and license plate today but the state has every right to revoke your registration and you will have to go to court to get your rights back. Now weigh the legal costs of going to court against donating to help change the law. Don't believe me, educate yourself on the Wisconsin legal battles and issues.

You mean there are States worse than California (well at least this once)? In the Army we called it "SNAFU."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks