• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me and Scrambler went to the DMV on tuesday. Up on inspection of the M1028, they found (read: made up) some points to let me fail the inspection (again!!)..
So, all the way home, I was thinking: Should I sell it, because of all the things they make up to let me fail..
But, after a while of silence, Scrambler said to me there is a guy near his place, who has an M1008 and also registered as truck.
So, we went there and that guy was so pissed, because of the DMV letting me fail 3 times, he said, come on, lets drive to the nearest inspection station and let me do all the talking..
Long story short, my M1028 is now registered as a truck here in The Netherlands. The legal GVW is now 9400lbs. Before a little over 7700lbs.
I did not had any serious issues with them when I tried to legalize my 1973 M51A2. To be honest (but keep that under your head please) they probably should never have let me through. What helped was that I promised that the truck would leave the Netherlands as soon as I had the papers. Besides, the streets around the testing station had been ripped up for repairs and they took me on my nice and honest face that all issues with the steering and brakes had been resolved. ;)

rjager

Removed the bench to have it fixed and give me some space to actualy work on the electrics. Also removed the dash to figure out why the voltmeter does not work.
Removed to diagnostics port and pulled the metal plate with the starter relay from under the dash.
Suprise, no wires connected to the relay?????
Time to actually put my head under the dash.
Another start relay...
start-relay.jpgvoltmeter.jpg
When i bought the truck 13 years ago I had an electronic anti theft system installed by a company. Not sure how they wired it in.
At the voltmeter a loose grey wire.

Luckily I have a background in electronics and tinkering with electronics is fun.
So I have some fun evenings coming to figure this out and tidy it up and get the Doghead Mod installed.

Last edited:

RobM36A2

Went to Belgium to look for a S-250 shelter.
Found one earlier, but it looked bad and was leaking.. The guy there wanted €500,- for it. We walked away.
The one we found in Belgium, looks a lot better. And this guy wants €300,- for it. Next tuesday we go back to inspect the inside.
There was no way getting it open, because there is a ton of junk in front of the door.

I pulled my roommate's super stuck car out of a parking lot with my 1009 today. Deep heavy snow over the top of water and slush. It was a good time, the 1009 was a beast. And she bought me lunch as payment :) Unfortunately no pics :(

I also, bought new wiper blades... my passenger side broke off again. Hit a little ice on the windshield and snapped off. The Goodyear brand wipers are good wipers on other vehicles, but the connection for the bayonet style of wiper arm the C/K trucks use is really weak on the blade especially when the plastic gets cold.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally had a little time to get the dash pad installed. Well an hour project turned into six.

Lots of items to clean once I had better access to the areas

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393178667.802634.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393178680.417960.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393178692.390062.jpg

Baer

With lots of help from my nephew got my new starter RE-installed with the proper tail bracket. Keeping my fingers crossed that will fix my starting problems without shims.

86k5

I just replaced the fuel return lines..... with a fuel line made for a chainsaw...
it works for now. After all it is fuel line. With the same diameters as the old. But should I run into any problems down the road ??????

shaunpshepherd

This is my first M1009 and M101a2. Haven't done anymore than purchase them yet. Trailer gets delivered next weekend. As soon as I get back from Afghanistan, it's game on. In the mean time, I am surfing for parts to purchase and send home so they will be ready when I get back.

blazer.jpgtrailer1.jpgtrailer2.jpg

hannaganscr

I have put in LED tail light bulbs and silver star head lights now everything is nice and bright I also changed top king pin bushings and springs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks