• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

spartan_185

Love the truck, I cant wait for my bed to be destroyed so that I can go to stake body. What size is that stake body?
Its a custom made job that I bought off of a local. Its 8'4" long and 80" wide. I had the hardest time finding a flatbed that would fit a 34" frame rail, which is what the cucv pickups have. I had to make some custom brackets for the bed which has a 38" industry standard frame rail. With a professional welder (aka my little brother) and plenty of metal at your disposal, anything is possible.

iasc399ia

Yesterday and today I put the m1028 to work. Originally I set out on a local trip to pick up a CUCV shelter/van body with a van towing my trailer. The van had fuel problems, so I went home and got the m1028 and towed it back.
View attachment 535885
Today I went out and picked up the shelter. It's designed to go on a dually CUCV. It has quite a bit of room compared to an s250. It makes the truck about half a foot longer, so the bumper needs to have extensions. Conveniently enough I already own the right bumper setup to put this shelter on a truck.
Very cool

edpdx

New B6 Oil Filter and 7 quarts of Mobil syn 15W40 in my Blazer. I have to root around for the fuel filters I stocked up. I hate that. I have to go to smog it tomorrow. Wish me luck.

goldneagle

I finally got around to working on my m1008 during my time off in the past few weeks. I added a 6" rough country lift kit, 37" humvee radials and beadlocks with 2" spacers, and a homemade flatbed. I also added a custom made pipe bumper, a new exhaust system exiting through twin 5" stacks going through the bed, a m939 fuel tank plumbed in for the long haul, and a fresh coat of rapco paint over it all. It was a lot of fun. All I have left is to add some route clearance lights.
I love the truck. Nice paint job. Only thing I would have done differently would be using M939 series tail lights.

86k5

Well the cold is getting to the blazer. Im glad i recently replaced the GP card. Its starting. But never gets full voltage. The alt lite closest to the door doesnt lite up either. Heater is also not working now and neither is the spedomoter!

86m1028

Yesterday and today I put the m1028 to work. Originally I set out on a local trip to pick up a CUCV shelter/van body with a van towing my trailer. The van had fuel problems, so I went home and got the m1028 and towed it back.
View attachment 535885
Today I went out and picked up the shelter. It's designed to go on a dually CUCV. It has quite a bit of room compared to an s250. It makes the truck about half a foot longer, so the bumper needs to have extensions. Conveniently enough I already own the right bumper setup to put this shelter on a truck.
Please post pics of the shelter when you get it installed on the truck.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Someone else on here has a CUCV with that body. I'll be searching for hours now!
If you find it, let me know!

Please post pics of the shelter when you get it installed on the truck.
I'm not sure if I'll install it on a truck. Since I like the pickup bed on mine I'll have to get another truck to put it on, maybe a SRW m1028.

cpf240

Well the cold is getting to the blazer. Im glad i recently replaced the GP card. Its starting. But never gets full voltage. The alt lite closest to the door doesnt lite up either. Heater is also not working now and neither is the spedomoter!
Those things you mentioned are all on the same circuit... Well, except the speedo...

lostinutah

installed 2 ibis tek light bars...hard wired, as they came with no harness. so i dont have ir right now. but i dont have ir goggles either. also found i need to replace gen2. still cranks, still drives for now.

RobM36A2

Did some fluid checks and tried to figure out why my visor lights didn't work anymore..
Turned out the ground wire vibrated loose, so after some fiddling and some cursing I manage to connect to ground and all was well.
I am using the ground point in the cab, behind the dash, above the parking brake. Works purrrfect.

Next on the "to do list" is a little modding to the fusebox, my lights fuse keeps falling out.
Bit tricky driving around without any lights at all when it's dark..

Last edited:

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a brand new stock walker exhaust system on the M1028a1, which still had the ORIGINAL one on it. Everything fit quite well, pretty straight forward job. Bought the mufflers on Amazon, the pipes from carpartkings and the tail pipes from carid.
Clamps and donuts from Napa.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks