• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my winch bumper today from RLC welding. Now all it needs is paint and mounted onto the M1009.:cool:

View attachment 548822

I've been looking at that bumper for some time. When you ordered it did you specify the dimensions for the factory shackles? Since you have worked with them, think they would make the bumper to fit the 18,000# winch? Can't wait to see this hung.

SRB1976

I've been looking at that bumper for some time. When you ordered it did you specify the dimensions for the factory shackles? Since you have worked with them, think they would make the bumper to fit the 18,000# winch? Can't wait to see this hung.
Yes, his shackles are the standard 3/4''. I also had him cut out the holes for the black out lights.

Drunkle Scuzzy

Tonight I bypassed the 3 capacitors that were for radio interference on the windshield wiper motor, and cleaned the connections on the plug. I plugged the connectors on either end of the capacitors into each other to keep them from flopping around. Now the wipers are fully functional, even the 3 spray setting... previously i only had low speed, barely... and no washer spray.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

I have the same device on some of my pics.
How bout it weenie tell us how to fix this gremlin ?
There are two ways to accomplish this mission:

1. Turn your camera (phone?) over before you take the picture. You're doing it wrong.
  2. Download any free photo editor and flip the picture before you upload it. Xnview is one that's easy to use.

If you are taking digital pictures, you need an editor. Period.

Very interesting that on every other board / forum I post any pictures on they come out fine....This is the only place that spins the pics at all, I capture pics and upload those and they dont require turnin at all.

There are two ways to accomplish this mission:

1. Turn your camera (phone?) over before you take the picture. You're doing it wrong.
  2. Download any free photo editor and flip the picture before you upload it. Xnview is one that's easy to use.

If you are taking digital pictures, you need an editor. Period.

Last edited:

Keith_J

Extensive 4WD operation today. 14 miles off hard pack, dirt roads ranging from soupy gravel to pure jello mud.

so bad the rocker panels slimed my legs getting out. And the back of the 1031 is still covered, I cleaned the license plate, lights and rear view camera off before getting on hard surfaces. But like an idiot, drove for 30 miles with hubs locked. In 2WD though.

cucvrus

I drive from November till April with the hubs locked in. Never hurt it. Been doing for 20 years on the same trucks and they still work as designed. That is the shift on the fly design. Awesome invention back in its day. The newer truck has the best design no hubs at all.

86k5

Went to change out the air filter yesterday.... The current one had been squashed down to fit in the assembly. I thought their had to be a better answer. I checked and double checked part number. They match up. The new air filter will need squashed down in order to fit as well. Input needed. Is this the right answer?

llong66

Skull, if they are the stock studs they will only go in so far, the stock ones, at least mine, have a stop and will only go in so far. Also if its the stock air cleaner, even if the studs are in to far, the base of the air cleaner would not crush the filter, they simply wouldn't fit up through the top of the air cleaner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks