• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

corvette9

IMG_7600.JPGIMG_7601.jpgIMG_7602.jpgIMG_7603.JPG

I did the lt side floor, rocker and cab corner yesterday. Next weekend I'll hang the fender and finish up the Lt side. Then I get to start all over again on the rt.

BG

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They came with the bad to the bone fabricated diff cover which by the way, is powder coated clear. It has a cool weathered patina to it.

86M1009AJH

Just changed the wiper arms on my M1009. Having wipers that flop and fly off while driving on the highway during rain storms doesn't quite make for a fun time driving.

Last edited:

tombguard500

This past weekend, installed ORD HD Front Shackle Kit, ball joints, axle shaft U joints and installed new wheel hubs, rotors and bearings.
This upcoming weekend, installing rear springs, finishing the front axle (Passenger Side) and rebuilding the heater box. I just had my stock core re cored and picked it up this past Friday. I also found a stock NOS Heater Core gasket as pictured.

Engine 1.jpgRotor-Warn.jpgBall Joint 1.jpgBilsteins.jpgDrivers Side Rotor 2.jpgEngine 2.jpgEngine 3.jpgHeater Core 1.jpgHeater Core 2.jpgBall Joint 2.jpg

Attachments

corvette9

This past weekend, installed ORD HD Front Shackle Kit, ball joints, axle shaft U joints and installed new wheel hubs, rotors and bearings.
This upcoming weekend, installing rear springs, finishing the front axle (Passenger Side) and rebuilding the heater box. I just had my stock core re cored and picked it up this past Friday. I also found a stock NOS Heater Core gasket as pictured.

View attachment 552280View attachment 552289View attachment 552281View attachment 552283View attachment 552284View attachment 552285View attachment 552286View attachment 552287View attachment 552288View attachment 552282
Very nice detail work. I wanted to do a frame off on the 1028 I bought but shes is a little to far gone for that. I'v been building points cars for many years and know what it takes to do that kind of work. Only bad thing is when your done it will be to nice to drive.

BG

Drock

Installed duel gauge pods today. I moved the volt gauge into one hole in anticipation of adding AC, hopefully soon!Gauge pods.jpg I may need to add angled bezels to these so I can see them better from the drivers seat.

Drock

How are those pods attached to the dash? And did you just punch some holes in the dash to run wiring?
This is an original dash thus rotted out. The P.O. hastily covered it with some black mesh fabric. So this is just a temporary set up till I can get a new dash pad. I currently just have it screwed into the pad and I poked ah hole to run the wires. When I transfer this to the new pad I think I'll run bolts all the way through with large washers & nuts on the bottom.

Durango_USMC

New bearings and races in the rear hubs of the crusty M1008.... anyone know the correct length and part number for the parking brake cables and bracket? I should probably replace mine. Ive found about 4 different lengths so far.

86k5

Front end of my 1009 finally got some attention. New wheel bearings, and warn lock outs. Front end alignment too, thats what started the project in the first place. Lol the hydro boost is beginning to drip fluid on the inside if the blazer. :(. I hope i can just replace the seal thats leaking and not the entire thing. Any thoughts?..

cucvrus

Get a re-manufactured one. they are warranted for life. Your chioce. I never mess with the rebuilding anything anymore. i like the warranted parts. And I never spend my lifetime replacing them either. Good luck your choice. There you have it my thoughts. Have a good day.

RobM36A2

Still painting the moonvisor, after 3 trials with the green paint not wanting to dry, I put 2 layers of primer on.
After work today, I did not make the mistake to paint the whole thing aua, only a small test strip.

Mg84648

Fixed my horn using Mead's fantastic tutorial. The contactor pin was installed backwards.
Installed jack and handle, acquired from Cucvrus, in their respective stowage points.
Thank you Sir.
And finally, rotated my VRV to the midway point. That gave me slightly longer and harder shift points.

Drunkle Scuzzy

Fixed my horn using Mead's fantastic tutorial. The contactor pin was installed backwards.
Installed jack and handle, acquired from Cucvrus, in their respective stowage points.
Thank you Sir.
And finally, rotated my VRV to the midway point. That gave me slightly longer and harder shift points.
My horn doesn't work. Mind posting a link to the fix you used? Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks