• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

New home for the CUCV M1009 Crown of Thorns

007.jpgWell after 18 years My CUCV M1009 Crown of Thorns has a new resting place. It was raining today and I decided to take a little time to clean up a few piles of CUCV parts that were in the lower part of my barn. After moving several axles in crates and other assorted engine parts I had a nice clean dry bay to park my toy in. It is not a daily driver but it still needs a place to rest. As soon as I get the crate axles relocated I will be putting my new Silverado pick up in there. I don't trust backing into the crates with my new truck. For now the CUCV M1009 has a home. Enjoy and have a good day.062.jpgThis is a before picture.

Last edited:

Drock

Installed ah set of (Carr super hoop steps) today. Not bad, I had to grind ah little off the back of the rear drivers side bracket. And also indent the fuel tank ah little with ah 2"X4" and crow bar to get it in between the fuel tank and rocker panel. Once that was done the only way to attach it was to weld it into place sense there was no room to drill any holes for bolts. Other then that all the other brackets simply fell into place. Drill one hole and self tap the other.Step1.jpgstep2.jpg

86k5

Nice steps ^. I just finished replacing a fuel filter. Painless process. having installed a spin on last spring replacing the filter is easy. It has a primer on it and a set screw so u can bleed the air out of the lines while (little brother) cranks it over till it starts.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428786624.617212.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed my new bumper and winch:D
When I first saw that bumper on ebay I fell in love with it. I had anticipated that it would match and flow with the lines of the CUCV. Well, it exceeded my expectations. Any future plans to retrofit the factory brushguard to it?

14ghz

I replaced my floorboards, and one rocker panel. Never worked with sheet metal before, nor welded much. Biggest problem was the rust extended beyond where the panels covered, so I had to put in extra patches.
floor.jpg

Durango_USMC

Finally with some extra help, got the rear hubs rebuilt, new bearings and races. Will be finishing up the brakes and hardware tonight. Finally happy to make some progress.

Did an autopsy of the old oil seals and found out that odd spring like thing in the axle was part of the seal and had somehow ended up in there.

Last edited:

SRB1976

When I first saw that bumper on ebay I fell in love with it. I had anticipated that it would match and flow with the lines of the CUCV. Well, it exceeded my expectations. Any future plans to retrofit the factory brushguard to it?
Maybe, if I can find a decent welder to mount it to the bumper.

lostinutah

desert pic1.jpglet me know what you guys think of the paint. i know its not spec. just drew around the bad spots and sprayed. i plan on doing a full body resto later this summer. went on a trail run later that day and broke my passenger panel after nailing a tree. the limb hit my antenna brush guard and cracked the quarter panel. not bent not dented cracked. post pic of that later. i want to do a paint job similar to one of theseland_rover_srv_12_of_34.jpghellichopper.jpgGerman Army Einsatzführungskommando der Bundeswehr unit soldier troop afghanistan taliban terror.jpgthe best match for the desert and high mountains, as i get to play in both. The paint now gets a lot of comments and does pretty well in both. my bridgeplate has the SHIELD logo on it now, though no one has noticed. Thinking about SHIELD DESERT DIVISION on the doors. But thats just my inner nerd.

lostinutah

I think the ucp pattern works well out here, so I chose the closest tan and grey I could find. And tried to emulate the 3 color pattern enough to cover the bad spots. Only 50 buck in paint from local military surplus.I also found a ladder rack I plan on making a diy soft top with, using desert camo netting. Waiting for this hopeful last cold snap and I'll take some pics. Has anyone made a canvas soft top a la deuce type cover for their '09?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks