• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

dblcamaros

newest addition......1986 M1009

Just picked up a 1009 last week. After getting her home found that she needed a complete brake job, including new hoses. While I was at it she got new tires also. Still has a few little issues to be addressed, But she runs fantastic!150331_0003.jpg150331_0001.jpg150331_0004.jpg150331_0002.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Mg84648

0413151705a.jpg0413151705.jpg
Painted the Beast last week. It turned out well I think. I followed the FM drawings and used Gillespie rattle cans and Rustoleum professional flat black. I taped and masked then airbrushed the demarcation lines to soften them up a bit.

Attachments

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 554738View attachment 554739
Painted the Beast last week. It turned out well I think. I followed the FM drawings and used Gillespie rattle cans and Rustoleum professional flat black. I taped and masked then airbrushed the demarcation lines to soften them up a bit.
That looks great. Nice job. Now that I see yours in camouflage I think ill do the same when I repaint. Where and how are you going to mount your license plates?

Mg84648

I have the plate mounted to right of the hitch on the bumper. I spliced into the trailer harness to light it. The only draw back is I have to remove the plate when towing because it covers the trailer plug, which is only once in the last year.
Note my L/H tail lense is removed for painting also.

RobM36A2

Moonvisor painting project finished:

The green tint is a little off, but I would say job well done.
Had to get a can of forest green spraypaint, because the normal paint would not dry..

Keith_J

Added a 10' drop of 12-4 SOOW wire from the 45 amp breaker on the 1031 SECM with a locking 1630 connector so I now have three phase power for my Miller Dynasty welder. I can weld 75 feet from the truck, very handy for my mobile welding business. I did some aluminum welding on a boat trailer tonight, hoping to ply my craft at boat ramps and the like. Very handy for trailers as the work can be done while the boat is in the water.

RobM36A2

I grabbed a marker and continued the lines between the colours.
Maybe today I can make a better picture. The weather is very nice now.

Edit: Color4.jpg

When comparing the earlier pictures, the pattern does match. Looks a bit crappy on this pic tho..

Last edited:

86m1028

What did you do, add a Briggs and Stratton four stroke under the hood. Is like to see the install.
Close, I finally got some time to work on the 28A1 !
Installed a mpfi 350/4l80/205.
Starts, runs & moves.
I hope to get exhaust on it this week.
Ill post pics when I get more of the small details done.
It looks factory for the most part :)

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I grabbed a marker and continued the lines between the colours.
Maybe today I can make a better picture. The weather is very nice now.

Edit: View attachment 554844

When comparing the earlier pictures, the pattern does match. Looks a bit crappy on this pic tho..
The idea of camo is to break up straight lines, since the don't exist in nature..

I find that overspray gives the edges a spotted pattern which further blurs the line... I'll have to find my pics

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the GoLight from GimpyRobb installed on the right side antenna riser. That spot was reserved for the UHF amateur antenna, but I decided to go with a dual-band antenna on the left side instead.

The first problem with the install is that the light mount has a 4" bolt circle, while the antenna mounts have a 4½” bolt circle. Bear in mind that I don't weld so I had to cobble something together with parts I had around. So this is what I came up with.

Took a lot of trimming with the grinding wheels, along with a little grinding at my knuckle (ouch!) The light with the upper mount pulls out of the lower part of the mount so I can put it in the side window in case I’m crashing through the brush.

It works fantastic. It’s high enough to shine over the top of the truck and light up the left side of the trail. I have the joystick mounted on the center console.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks