• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

Grooving them tires also helps them wear out faster. It takes rubber away and makes the tire tread wear away faster as it hits the road and flexes the contact spot more then it did with the original design. It may be a a slight improvement off road but it will wear away more tread on the road faster. They do make tires that are re-groovable but then you just follow the design in the tread. But go at it. At least you will have some Groovy tires on your CUCV. And that is far-out man I Dig it.

Another Ahab

Grooving them tires also helps them wear out faster. It takes rubber away and makes the tire tread wear away faster as it hits the road and flexes the contact spot more then it did with the original design. It may be a a slight improvement off road but it will wear away more tread on the road faster. They do make tires that are re-groovable but then you just follow the design in the tread. But go at it. At least you will have some Groovy tires on your CUCV. And that is far-out man I Dig it.
Anyone that can use far-out,groovy and I Dig it in 2 sentences is way cool in my book...

https://youtu.be/r8pEKwVl9tA

cucvrus

002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpgI installed a set of Truck Lite LED headlamps in the Crown of Thorns M1009. I now have over 2 million candle power of lights on the front of the M1009. The 60 LED light bar is going on the roof rack next time I get around to it. Thanks for looking.
Each of the KC POD lights has 976,000 candle power 70 watts.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

View attachment 576036View attachment 576037View attachment 576038View attachment 576039View attachment 576040I installed a set of Truck Lite LED headlamps in the Crown of Thorns M1009. I now have over 2 million candle power of lights on the front of the M1009. The 60 LED light bar is going on the roof rack next time I get around to it. Thanks for looking.
Sweet lights.
Could you please report back with how they do?
Maybe even some pics if you don't mind.
Thanks

cucvrus

WOW what a difference.016.jpgDark sitting in the truck.017.jpgStandard Halogen OEM bulbs.019.jpgLow Beam LED018.jpgHigh Beam LED020.jpgFull power all 4 lights.024.jpg023.jpg022.jpgNow checking the aim of the lights. Next a test drive. 029.jpg027.jpgStandard Hi Beam LED headlights.032.jpg031.jpg030.jpgThese last ones were taken under full power all 4 lights on. Man I can hardly wait to get the LED light bar on the roof. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

WOW what a difference.View attachment 576043Dark sitting in the truck.View attachment 576044Standard Halogen OEM bulbs.View attachment 576045Low Beam LEDView attachment 576046High Beam LEDView attachment 576047Full power all 4 lights.View attachment 576050View attachment 576049View attachment 576048Now checking the aim of the lights. Next a test drive. View attachment 576054View attachment 576052Standard Hi Beam LED headlights.View attachment 576057View attachment 576056View attachment 576055These last ones were taken under full power all 4 lights on. Man I can hardly wait to get the LED light bar on the roof. Thank you for looking.
Sweet.

I just thought my head lights did good.

86k5

cucvrus

No need to drain the master cylinder. Just disconnect it from the hydro-boost and lay it aside. It is easy peasy to changed. Remove the 2 pieces from the lower dash inside to gain better access to the firewall and brake pedal bolts. About an hour job start to finish. Don't forget to use your push-rod on the new hydro-boost. They do not come with one. Lifetime warranty. And I replaced a few and never had to use the warranty. That is the best warranty. One you never have to use.

cucvrus

0821151415.jpg0821151415(1).jpgI drove the M1008 from Cortland New York to the Indiantown Gap exit in PA on I 81 with the power steering belt only. It threw the belts in New York and I stopped along the highway and cut them out of the clutch fan. I had no problems and the only issue I thought about was I am glad it was not dark. I would have never made it that far on the battery with the lights on. It was dark when I left this morning. Why is that other Speedometer picture on this post. I only looked at it and it was the wrong picture. The ones with the red lights on was today. the other one was last winter. I opened it to look at it and thought I deleted it. Oh no not that picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

I tried to go to the truck pull a while ago and the green machine flipped me a birdy and said no I'm not going.

It started missing, stalling and shutting down. So I get it home and ordered a new fuel tank. I had recently replaced the fuel pick up, lift pump and fuel filter. I have had a problem where it looses fuel pressure over night so I had a fuel line with pump bubble by the tank. When it started to die I stopped and check that and it was sucked flat. So that told me the tank was dirty.

So I pulled the pick up and it was nasty, all kinds of crud.
So I got a new fuel tank, after scrubbing all the oil off the thing, I gave it about 3 coats of rubber under coating. I pulled the old tank which was an adventure, I ended up just taking the straps off the frame, and had to use a torch to get one of the nuts off the strap. The tank it was full of rust, and maybe even some stuff from another planet.
I cleaned all the rust and mud from the skid plate, and straps. Then everything got painted in undercoating.

Putting the straps on the tank required a rachet strap. DO NOT complety tighten the straps before you have the tank bolted to the frame. It make things much better if you leave them a little loose, when bolting the brackets on.

So since my fuel pick up was new I didn't want to trash it but I needed a fuel sock.
Napa didn't have it, just one for a gasser with in tank pump.
Auto zone told me they didn't put the 6.2 diesel in these trucks, my truck is older then guy working there.

Well since the new fuel sock had a lot of stuff in it, at 2600 it didn't get enough fuel. So I cut it open and ripped the guts out leaving just the screen, and much better. Was still missing at 3000 for a second, but I think it was air in the system.

So now I should be good to go.

Also I added some front shackles and also painted my mounts black, also I had to drill out the holes for the shackles to fit.

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

View attachment 577000Before and afterView attachment 577001This is the one from Autozone. I highly recommend you put a catch all screen on that pick up tube in the tank.
I couldn't find one for a diesel, just a gasser. So I took out the pillow fluff and used the screens off it, it will stop the rocks, and twigs. I am going to see if I can order the correct one.

Thanks for the pics.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today i have changed both locks on my workertop. The keys from the old ones were gone.
I have also mounted a new bridgeplate and the original markings are back on the truck.image1.jpgimage2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks