• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used 1/4-20 screws through the rear..with a threaded coupler on the outside... and the sign screws in with 1/2 in. 1/4-20. So the signs can be added/removed in 10 seconds. Used the existing nuts on the bottom to secure the convoy sign...

Attachments

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Fixed my hub that was partially locking itself in. Pretty easy fix. Have no idea why this extra clip was in there floating around, but removed it and gave it a five-mile road test and the hub never moved.20150913_135953.jpg

Also, tore into my nonworking front bumper mounted blackout light hoping to simply replace a bulb. Darn unit is sealed! Anybody got an extra for sale?

cucvrus

I may be wrong but I may be right. I think the inner gear is in backwards. With it in that way I think it will only get partial engagement. Please pull it out and look at the gear how it messes completely with the recesss in the gear outward. I am relying on memory from looking at the picture. Correct me if I am wrong. But it is worth a look see. I will go in my basement and look at one while I send this out. Like I said I may be wrong but I may be right. Good old tune and a fail safe way to me as I am always about learning.

gottaluvit

I may be wrong but I may be right. I think the inner gear is in backwards. With it in that way I think it will only get partial engagement. Please pull it out and look at the gear how it messes completely with the recesss in the gear outward. I am relying on memory from looking at the picture. Correct me if I am wrong. But it is worth a look see. I will go in my basement and look at one while I send this out. Like I said I may be wrong but I may be right. Good old tune and a fail safe way to me as I am always about learning.
Will look into that tomorrow evening.

86k5

My starter has been scratch starting again. Tapping the starter with a hammer before starting seems to be helping for smooth starts. Is this an indicator of the starter crapping out?

48cj2a

I think he right...

Looks like a recessed area should be on the outside of the inner gear. Look at the inner (left) and outer (right) images of this Warn hub

http://www.venturestruckparts.com/w...LINE-FORD-JEEP-DODGE-CHEVY-271835655558-3.jpg

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Last edited:

cucvrus

I think he right...
Who He ? Me He? Or He He? And I can not open that link. Is he picture correct? I am am asking because I am not sure myself.
It just seems that the gears are not fully engaged with the recess facing in. But it may be so that the hub can mesh with the gear instantly.
That is why I made the remark that I may be wrong. Still wondering and other people are thanking you for the helpful post. Lost in the mountains of south central PA.

gottaluvit

I think he right...
Who He ? Me He? Or He He? And I can not open that link. Is he picture correct? I am am asking because I am not sure myself.
It just seems that the gears are not fully engaged with the recess facing in. But it may be so that the hub can mesh with the gear instantly.
That is why I made the remark that I may be wrong. Still wondering and other people are thanking you for the helpful post. Lost in the mountains of south central PA.
I think you are both correct. I think I was only looking at the outer. I will pull the snapring tomorrow and check the inner gear. Thank you both for pointing this out for me. At least since getting that extra snap ring out it isn't engaging the hup partially anymore when I drive it, but that gear being in wrong could cause damage whrn I lock them in.

joshuak

I made a battery tray and tie downs in order to relocate both batteries to the existing front tray, also gave maintenance to my batteries...

IMG_0737.jpgIMG_0725.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

Yep, I'm running different battery sizes 24 and 24f. Not ideal, but its what I had a the moment and they are still cranking. Not fond of wing nuts for permanent applications, right now checking tightness is part of pre trip inspection (it's my DD) and it's getting old. When it's time ($) for my battery cable upgrade, they will go with the battery post clamps that don't convince me either, all in due time.

cucvrus

001.jpgHung the plow on Voodoo M1009. The lights were broken in an ice storm last year. Time for new ones.002.jpg003.jpgA new radiator is on order for this M1009. It is the OEM one. this is the only vehicle w have that still has the OEM Harrison radiator in it. Time to fly.

gottaluvit

I'm not sure I know what that means, your "County Number"":

- Can you help out an ignorant beggar here, please? :shrugs:
Sorry. Our state (Ohio) puts a sticker on your liscense plate with the county number. Each county has a designated number going in alphabetically order. So my county is #7. Thought it might bring out some pride in my county (even though the roads are horrible!).

Another Ahab

Sorry. Our state (Ohio) puts a sticker on your liscense plate with the county number. Each county has a designated number going in alphabetically order. So my county is #7. Thought it might bring out some pride in my county (even though the roads are horrible!).
Oh, I get it; thanks!

You all are one of those states that has all those orderly laid-out counties, whereas over here in Maryland and Virginia our counties all look more like they were laid out by somebody who'd been nipping a little too heavy from that "corn-in-a-bottle".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks