• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rsh4364

Sometimes working red with all the white reflective taping works to well.A few summers ago a migrant family thought I was on a fire call or something,they pulled over on a state route to let me get around them.And whenever I go to local hunting and fishing preserve everyone thinks Im a game warden or Ranger Rick type person.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Sometimes working red with all the white reflective taping works to well.A few summers ago a migrant family thought I was on a fire call or something,they pulled over on a state route to let me get around them.And whenever I go to local hunting and fishing preserve everyone thinks Im a game warden or Ranger Rick type person.
Maybe your presence alone is helping keep everyone around you honest, who knows!? :shrugs:

You could start wearing dark sunglasses, and every now and then tip them down and look any questionable folk straight in the eye!

the skull

Mine is "Working Red" also, I really don't care for it that way.
Apparently Working Red has a Stealth Coating and it hides 3 tons of
ancient Chevy truck from other drivers. I can't tell you how many
times someone looks me in the eye and continues to pull out in front
of me. I hope next year I can at least paint it green before someone
hits it.

Another Ahab

Mine is "Working Red" also, I really don't care for it that way.
Apparently Working Red has a Stealth Coating and it hides 3 tons of
ancient Chevy truck from other drivers. I can't tell you how many
times someone looks me in the eye and continues to pull out in front
of me. I hope next year I can at least paint it green before someone
hits it.
My two cents says don't change the color:

- Just get yourself a BIGGER fender!

bumper.jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

Had the pressure line going to the steering box on the M1008 blow out at 0530. Made it back to the shop and put another one on. 70 mph on I 81 with no power steering is not even noticeable. It was when i came to the exit the the challenge began. Very hard to steer and poor brakes. It was the original 32 year old hose and blew out at the lower crimp. At that time of the day a take off was all I had. It may last for years and it may not. But I was up and running again at 0615. I contemplated using hydraulic fluid but did find a gallon of GM power steering fluid. All is well. I changed the other pressure line 2-3 years ago with a used take off and it is still on the job. Good used OEM parts are sometime just as good or better the the Chinese parts that you buy today. I should have kept the ends and went to the Hydraulic shop and had them put new hose on. To late for that they are in the scrap pile and the abyss.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks