• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

I would say 1/2" inside. It is 1/2" fuel line from the mid nineties. I have literally made several hundred striker bushings from that piece. I will say this but don't know why. The red hose does not hold up as well. I don't know why. Perhaps the red is coolant hose and not as tough. I do not know but tis true. I put reds on Terminus M1009 and they are chewed up. Maybe the flexing of the body at Rausch Creek. The world may never know. But it is 1/2'' standard fuel line. Not fuel injection hose. Which that is different also.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought new blackout lights for my 1009- I had two out altogether and the other two were barely visible through the lens haze and paint over-spray.

Two tiny little nuts....should take one wrench and maybe 15 minutes.....

Well, in reality it took almost every tool I own and over an hour to do just the rears. I'll save the fronts for a warmer day when I have more patience...

Advice: Don't try to unscrew the nuts, just put a vice-grips on the nut and snap the stud off (which by the way is the fastest way to steal a road-sign, but you didn't hear that from me).

rsh4364

Installed hose insulation on newly installed tank style block heater tonight,its a TPS-151GT10-000.Hopefully it gets cold enough soon to try it out. I want to let it cycle hot to cold a few more times to make sure all air bubbles are out.For the 5/8 hose I used 3/4 pipe foam insulation.

Last edited:

jterry211

What havent i dont to it lately should be the question lol. All new wiring, gauges, paint rims and tires, brakes, suspension 12 volt conversion, you name it been done.IMG_20151108_214301.jpgFront.jpgDash.jpgIMG_20151108_214311.jpgIMG_20151125_082522.jpg

cucvrus

DSCF5822.jpgDSCF5821.jpgDSCF5823.jpgDSCF5824.jpgDSCF5825.jpgI double checked all the plug connections and tested the plug un plug so the plow lights automatically come on and go off as the plow is connected and disconnected. The Jersey Indian is soon ready to set sail for the east coast.

Last edited:

cucvrus

DSCF5826.jpgI noticed that the floor air defuser/diverter was missing on the Jersey Indian. A replacement was re-purpose from one of my parts CUC/V's. Now that blows were it is supposed to be blowing. DSCF5827.jpg

cucvrus

DSCF5832.jpgDSCF5833.jpgDSCF5834.jpgDSCF5835.jpgAfter I came home from work today I started cleaning my garage and work area. I had the 2 Grand Children to watch and keep with me so I was limited to what I could do. I made an Arctic front radiator cover out of scrap fiberglass troop seat slats. I added a bow-tie from an old 70's Chevy truck. I think it looks great and it was a zero budget upgrade. I only used 6 1/4" X 4" J bolts and Taped it off and sprayed it. I painted the bow-tie before I bolted that on. Nice thing is that this is adjustable if I want more air I remove a slat or 2 or all 4. I like it and that is what counts. Maybe I will like it enough to remove the brush guard and hang it in the barn. Also very protective of the radiator for stones and sticks. Check it out. It will unbolt in 5 minutes and store under the hood. I made a tie down for the slats.

Another Ahab

View attachment 595994After I came home from work today I started cleaning my garage and work area. I had the 2 Grand Children to watch and keep with me so I was limited to what I could do. I made an Arctic front radiator cover out of scrap fiberglass troop seat slats. Also very protective of the radiator for stones and sticks. Check it out. It will unbolt in 5 minutes and store under the hood. I made a tie down for the slats.
It looks great; creative, and very cool.

I would just double-check and make sure you didn't accidentally leave the grand-children in there behind it. :mrgreen:

gottaluvit

View attachment 595992View attachment 595993View attachment 595994View attachment 595995After I came home from work today I started cleaning my garage and work area. I had the 2 Grand Children to watch and keep with me so I was limited to what I could do. I made an Arctic front radiator cover out of scrap fiberglass troop seat slats. I added a bow-tie from an old 70's Chevy truck. I think it looks great and it was a zero budget upgrade. I only used 6 1/4" X 4" J bolts and Taped it off and sprayed it. I painted the bow-tie before I bolted that on. Nice thing is that this is adjustable if I want more air I remove a slat or 2 or all 4. I like it and that is what counts. Maybe I will like it enough to remove the brush guard and hang it in the barn. Also very protective of the radiator for stones and sticks. Check it out. It will unbolt in 5 minutes and store under the hood. I made a tie down for the slats.
I love that brush guard. I wouldn't remove that! It is a statement. That radiator cover is sweet too. So cool you kept the bowtie showing. The General would appreciate that! I myself was always proud to drive a GM truck, but these Cucvees really are a machine to be proud to drive! It's like the best of the best!

donalloy1

Ordered ACDelco 12472199 GM Original Equipment Engine Oil Cooler Inlet Hose Kit with Nuts and Seal & ACDelco 12472200 GM Original Equipment Engine Oil Cooler Outlet Hose Kit with Nut and Seals for my O9 today. Hopes are they bolt/thread right on? That is after hopefully removing leakers without damaging anything. These two items came recommended here. Wish my luck :popcorn:

the skull

Easy fix on the brake line. Easy for me I guess. But a 6 ft piece of 1/4" fits with a little bending and tweaking. No need to get out the double flaring kit on that one. It probably blew out at one of the frame clamps. Put some Nickel never seize everywhere the clamp contacts the tube. It will last another 30 years. Well maybe. But I do think so. You take better care of it then the previous owner.
Rick, you were more right than you thought. The 6 ft stick was spot on with the tweaking,
and the old line was softer than I thought. Cheap fix as the line was $4 and I usually have
lots of brake fluid hanging around. I took one of the co workers with me on the test drive
and he said he never thought that thing would stop like that. Must have gotten all the
air out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks