• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

CUCVLOVER

Looked good in the pictures, bad in real life. left it standing as the owner wasn't home and got a weird vibe from the car..
1965 fleetwood by the way.
If you get a bad vibe always leave it. It is stupid to buy something that 1: gives you a bad vibe, or 2: I drove all the way here I have to buy it.

Today I went and got breakfast in my Cucv for me and my dad. Had the stereo up load and the sub thumping. I did hit almost 80mph and decided that was fast enough in a 45 zone.
Does that count?

gottaluvit

If you get a bad vibe always leave it. It is stupid to buy something that 1: gives you a bad vibe, or 2: I drove all the way here I have to buy it.

Today I went and got breakfast in my Cucv for me and my dad. Had the stereo up load and the sub thumping. I did hit almost 80mph and decided that was fast enough in a 45 zone.
Does that count?
I guess if I couldn't hear that noisy Detroit hollerin' so loud at a mere 55, I might go faster too! It just sounds so darn loud, with quiet exhaust.

Drunkle Scuzzy

Murphy's Law in action!

Just now I picked up my spare tire off the ground and put it in the back of the truck. As I was leaving FedEx

(I feel the need to interject just how upset I already was at this very moment about the ridiculous hassle I was given at Fed Ex when I tried paying in cash, US currency, and the current state of our great Nation and the way its corporate owned businesses are moving away from accepting cash, and the overjoyed FedEx cashier gloating over their dream that someday America will do away with Cash altogether and we'll all have a happy little card instead! Doesn't sound very American to me... Anyways sorry for the rant, I digress)

the spare tire fell off. All the bolts were in place but for some reason one half of the spare holder was dragging on the ground behind me. I had just shipped one of our Steel Soldiers the heavy radio mount I had removed from the M1010 when the transfer case shifter was swapped for a standard, non bent version. I suppose the truck was upset that I had so easily parted with one of its parts and dumped it's spare in loud, clanging, protest. Ugh. I love my cucv.

gottaluvit

Just now I picked up my spare tire off the ground and put it in the back of the truck. As I was leaving FedEx

(I feel the need to interject just how upset I already was at this very moment about the ridiculous hassle I was given at Fed Ex when I tried paying in cash, US currency, and the current state of our great Nation and the way its corporate owned businesses are moving away from accepting cash, and the overjoyed FedEx cashier gloating over their dream that someday America will do away with Cash altogether and we'll all have a happy little card instead! Doesn't sound very American to me... Anyways sorry for the rant, I digress)

the spare tire fell off. All the bolts were in place but for some reason one half of the spare holder was dragging on the ground behind me. I had just shipped one of our Steel Soldiers the heavy radio mount I had removed from the M1010 when the transfer case shifter was swapped for a standard, non bent version. I suppose the truck was upset that I had so easily parted with one of its parts and dumped it's spare in loud, clanging, protest. Ugh. I love my cucv.
Barter system would be even better yet, but no way to tax you then!

gottaluvit

Oh yeah, about two weeks ago the CUCV healed itself with one issue. The wiper blades used to stop wherever they were when I would shut the switch off. No biggie, as I have had this style civy Chevy for 25 years, and a few did this. All at once the CUCV just started working right and going to default position upon shutting switch off. Gottaluv the CUCV!

rsh4364

Still driving my 4.56 geared 1009 down to Columbus, oh, from GreenSpings,Oh.Then 20 minute commute to job site each way on the loop,took her up to 70mph yesterday,a jeep
was messing with me.3300rpms still ran smooth.Can't wait to re-gear and add an OD trans.

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Still driving my 4.56 geared 1009 down to Columbus, oh, from GreenSpings,Oh.Then 20 minute commute to job site each way on the loop,took her up to 70mph yesterday,a jeep
was messing with me.3300rpms still ran smooth.Can't wait to re-gear and add an OD trans.
Really? I thought all diesel's red line was 2200 rpms. This is another good day. They say if you just learn one thing per day, it's a good day. I gotta get a tach.

gottaluvit

You're telling me, I got a building with 3 sides and a dirt floor I work out of in the
summer, winter means a lot of not really doing much unless I can sneak in somewhere
That sounds like my backyard mechanicing. I park what I am working on at summer so the vehicle shades me. I promise myself a garage every year, but I lie to myself all the time! Like telling myself I know what I'm doing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks