• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cpf240

When i was taking that out my cd player. Something metal and metal touched. Snap crackled popped and now the dang thing wont start. Checked all fuses they are all good.
Any suggestions?
Also. No read on the volt meter and gen (closest to column) is not lighting up now either.
Suggestions....
Does it have the Doghead mod? If so, may have shorted out the 24v feed. I'd suggest heading over to the CUCV helpful threads sticky and start reading up on fusible links.

Ford Mechanic

We're working on Bobcat's cucv. It too has blown a fuse link, the one on the firewall behind the solinoid on the drivers side. Symptoms are no crank, no response to the key at all, no power at the fuse box. We put a maxi fuse holder in place of the busted fuse link and got the interior working again but it blows a 30 amp fuse when turned to start.

So I know we have a short to ground somewhere between the 12 volt buss on the firewall and possibly the switch. So I have a little more diag to do. I also read on here that the fuse link replacement probably want the best idea. Could correcting the link be the only problem? The fuse link we replaced looked as if had chafed on the back of the solinoid.

The truck is a 12 volt version not 24, and after reading looks like I need to check a little closer on that dog head relay, I thought it had already been done but it looks like I looking at the wrong relay.

cucvrus

Check the flat bars on the buss bar on the passengers side. They are 24 volts and I have seen them melt out in the past. Pull the plastic cover and check the 5/16" studs all the way across on the positive and negative side. Just a guess but worth a look see. Also check every fuse in the fuse box. There is a flat piece of fuse link on the bottom of the studs in back of the nuts. You should have 24 volt on every top stud on that buss bar. And each stud on the bottom should be a good ground. Does that make any sense? Good Luck.

cucvrus

DSCF6367.jpgI looked at it and felt sorry for it. It was missing all this snow. Oh well it has Rausch Creek to look forward to. And that is good. DSCF6363.jpgIt's the dawn of a new day. DSCF6364.jpgMake yours a Chevy day. DSCF6373.jpgThis system will only load certain pictures. Censorship. I have some snow and firewood pictures of my CUCV labor camp . I will post them on Facebook. Have a great day stay warm 11F at 0500.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loading of.pictures is based on size not content. It's not censorship, it's bandwidth management. The system loads pics according to the posters ability and the parameters of the device used as well as settings (again for size) within the forum software.

cucvrus

I am lost. Same camera similar pictures. Never had a problem before. This is a new problem in the past couple months. I must load them one at a time because if I do multiples it may spit them back and then when I load them one at a time I find the one that it will not take. And it will not take it ever no matter what you do.DSCF6374.jpgMean while back at the Chevy ranch the cold and snow continues. DSCF6375.jpgToday's goal is to get this trailer load of wood unloaded and into the basement for heat. And get this utility trailer out of my way. So far so good on the pictures loading. Same camera.

cucvrus

DSCF6374.jpgNo CUCV's in this picture. Sorry bout that. It will not load the CUCV's loaded with firewood pictures taken at the same location. IDK. I am just a simple man. I am going to cut wood and work in the snow. That is my right up my line. Can't do anything wrong there. Cool thing was I had to drag the Camaro convertible out of the 18 inches of snow. No where to hook up on them things. I ran the strap thru the bottom spoke of the rear wheel wheel and locked the E brake. Drug it out of the snow thru the field into the driveway and did it with no damage. My idea worked. Can't load them pictures either. I had to call out the NinjaDSCF6377.jpg Turtles to help me.

gottaluvit

The same camera will take different size pictures (datawise) depending on what all is in the picture. More vivid colors or more bright sunlight can make a much larger image, datawise. You should be able to resize problem pics to under 800x800 (or at least 800 megapixels on the longest direction, depending if you took the photo portrait or landscape) and make them upload. This had me puzzled before too. This site is finicky, regarding pic uploads.

CUCVLOVER

View attachment 608019No CUCV's in this picture. Sorry bout that. It will not load the CUCV's loaded with firewood pictures taken at the same location. IDK. I am just a simple man. I am going to cut wood and work in the snow. That is my right up my line. Can't do anything wrong there. Cool thing was I had to drag the Camaro convertible out of the 18 inches of snow. No where to hook up on them things. I ran the strap thru the bottom spoke of the rear wheel wheel and locked the E brake. Drug it out of the snow thru the field into the driveway and did it with no damage. My idea worked. Can't load them pictures either. I had to call out the NinjaView attachment 608033 Turtles to help me.
What kind of camaro?

cucvrus

Nothing special. 1995 Camaro convertible. Bought it at an auction as a police CUC/V. And we all know where that went from there. It has an R title because it was confiscated in a huge drug bust. I had it since 1996. The police used it for about 6 months as a CUC/V civilian under cover vehicle. Since the internet came along the auctions have gone wild. People pay more for scrap vehicles then you would for one running drive-able and inspected in the same year make and model. I don't get it. They sell it as salvage and they still pay list price. I think it is like a you are not going to out bid me war. I like it at times. But only when I am the seller. Have a great day. The shine on the Camaro and the chrome wheels just overloaded the picture with data. Is that what you are telling me. It can't be snow. We have total white out pictures loaded. You interested in the Camaro?

Another Ahab

Nothing special. 1995 Camaro convertible. Bought it at an auction as a police CUC/V. And we all know where that went from there. It has an R title because it was confiscated in a huge drug bust. I had it since 1996.
That's something new to me:

- Does it mean "restricted" or something?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks