• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. I added the quote from Henry Ford. My signature looked way too big with the quote. I wanted to reduce the size of my signature. I still have the CVPI. I had to cough up another $700 in August to have the intake manifold replaced. The rear axle has been WONDERFUL. :)

I see the 99 CVPI has been deleted from the fleet. Troubles?

Another Ahab

I installed my new 'cruise control' recently. It was very inexpensive. I bought it at a Play It Again Sports for $3.20 including tax. I press the softball bat against the throttle, and wedge my right elbow against the seat. Adjusting my speed is simple - I move my hand up and down. Moving my hand down puts more pressure on the throttle. It's also very easy to disengage. The best part about my 'cruise control' is that it doubles as a self-defense weapon. :mrgreen:
And triple-duty even:

- Don't forget tire "thumper"

cucvrus

Wow that is a kick. I done them for $300. everyday. The 4.6 intakes were dormans and cost me about $150. But you gotta do what it takes. Nice chatting. Thank you. take care.

CUCVLOVER

Monday I had a new tie rod installed, and front end alignment. It drives much better now and the old one was shot from the boots being torn.
I did pick up the oil and filter for the engine and the trans filter and fluid. Maybe I will get time to do that this week. I do all my own work other than front end alignment because dad won't buy me the machine and I don't have the funds lol.

Another Ahab

I did pick up the oil and filter for the engine and the trans filter and fluid. Maybe I will get time to do that this week. I do all my own work other than front end alignment because dad won't buy me the machine and I don't have the funds lol.
Like why would he right; what's in it for him? I get that.

When stationed at Port Hueneme there was a shop on base that had all the specialty tools and work bays you could rent to do anything you wanted to your POV car or truck (even including hydraulic lifts, and a full-time mechanic available to ask questions of when you got in over your head). It was such a GREAT concept.

It got shut down while I was still there before I shipped out back east after "A" School. I think it was the liability issue that killed it. Like General Robert E. Lee said at Gettysburg that third day, "Too bad; too bad".

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Like why would he right; what's in it for him? I get that.

When stationed at Port Hueneme there was a shop on base that had all the specialty tools and work bays you could rent to do anything you wanted to your POV car or truck (even including hydraulic lifts, and a full-time mechanic available to ask questions of when you got in over your head). It was such a GREAT concept.

It got shut down while I was still there before I shipped out back east after my A School. I think it was the liability issue that killed it. Like General Robert E. Lee said at Gettysburg that third day, "Too bad; too bad".
I would do all the maintenance to his trucks if they would set still long enough lol.
Most of the time his stuff gets a oil change when my truck is running so I can drive him around lol

tonkasal

She died on me from airlock, probably time to change the filter, also changed the front right signal light socket since the tin had broken off the original. Been using her as my DD into Atlanta everyday for 1 1/2 weeks while the car is in the shop getting a new transmission. She is a head turner, and it's nice being almost eye level with the big rigs. :driver:

the skull

Went to the Zone, picked up the alternator, had to adapt it a little
but it works, 29.3 volts at the positive terminal. What more can I ask
for, you say? My brother in law has been busy patching the holes
left over from taking the red light off the roof,:naner::naner::naner: this truck is really
on the way now.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I added a relay to the accessory circuit. Using that I wired in indoor/outdoor temp sensor to the map-light bracket I put in a few weeks ago. Works with the key in RUN or ACC.

Attachments

thz71

led bar and pods mounted on the front. Cut up the stock turns to mount the pods. I'm going to do the turns different.
painted my front reciever

RobM36A2

Went driving after my Dangerous goods transport exam.
I play a game called Ingress (vive la resistance). The rattle of the big V8 scared the enemy in a Skoda away.

Ingress is a type of real-time capture the flag/geocaching game, played via google on every OS.

RobM36A2

Can you please explain this game a little more?
You play it on your cell Phone. You become an agent for 1 of 2 sides, enlightened (green) or Resistance (blue)
By capturing portals, destroying and overtaking enemy portals, you can try to let your faction rule the world.. Something like that.
Google is your friend in this. For me it is a way to pass the time and making new friends (and enemies)

Is this for an endorsement on a commercial drivers license? Or do they consider a CUCV dangerous goods?? :beer:
It is an extra certificate for truck drivers.
Now I am allowed to transport dangerous goods in cars, vans, trucks or tanker trucks.

rsh4364

Tomorrow my 86 1009 is getting a full set of new injectors and return lines,new lift pump and another new thermostat, this time an ac/ Delco thermostat.tire rotation and maybe rear u joints.

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Put the seat back in my M1028A1 with a new bottom seat cover and also got the new dash back in. With the right colors that Gm made for the military only. I 'am replacing the door panels tomorrow.12107951_10156531949360043_3514857867012517615_n.jpg12745720_10156531949470043_6944019164927853705_n.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks