• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It came from JBLM, Washington State. Probably used as a service truck on base. It has a small amount of rust on the passenger side floor board. I ripped out the wet rotted floorcover to keep the water from sitting there. It seems to leak somewhere. It's not actually my truck. Belongs to the agency I work for. But I'm the one that got it and I have done what little work it needed.
That truck was used for on base contractors....

Howdy from just South of Tacoma.. :D

CUCVLOVER

It wasn't my truck but today I pulled the intake, and Injection pump off a friends cucv blazer so he can get it rebuilt. Even with me teaching the process to a newbie it still only took about 3 hrs. So whenever he gets it rebuilt I will help get it back on.
Also diesel performance in Memphis is going to do the job. They did great on the pump on my truck and are highly recommended.

gottaluvit

It wasn't my truck but today I pulled the intake, and Injection pump off a friends cucv blazer so he can get it rebuilt. Even with me teaching the process to a newbie it still only took about 3 hrs. So whenever he gets it rebuilt I will help get it back on.
Also diesel performance in Memphis is going to do the job. They did great on the pump on my truck and are highly recommended.
How does one know when the IP is going bad?

CUCVLOVER

How does one know when the IP is going bad?
When it starts to loose power over time and eventually has non. It will usually blow smoke also. As long as it's getting fuel to the pump it should run like a scalded dog but you basically can't miss the signs. It's only 300 ish to have it rebuilt and then a few gaskets and your labor if you do it yourself. I had it off in 3 hrs and that was teaching a newbie while I did it. So I know I can have it back on in about the same. Plus I've done the one in my truck so that's how I knew how to deal with it.

86m1028

When it starts to loose power over time and eventually has non. It will usually blow smoke also. As long as it's getting fuel to the pump it should run like a scalded dog but you basically can't miss the signs.
CUCVLOVER
A NEW 6.2 didn't even run like a scalded dog !
Thank you for this mornings laugh out loud.

Not bashing you, just found this to be entertaining,
kinda like the police chase in a prius.

CUCVLOVER

Maybe a scalded snail than? Or maybe it was just a one legged dog.
But you get my point, I know the 6.2 is not a powerhouse out the wazzo but it is strong with some gears behind it. If ya don't believe me go to YouTube, search cucv truck pull green machine. Y'all know what my truck looks like.

3jumpjeep

I kinda like cruising at 50. You notice a lot more detail when you're in the right lane with your flashers on. I'm certain the truckers hate me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CUCVLOVER

I kinda like cruising at 50. You notice a lot more detail when you're in the right lane with your flashers on. I'm certain the truckers hate me.

I run mine 60 and 70 a lot of the time. It's hit 80 once but it loves 60-65. It's a myth that these trucks only run 55 without exploding. But I reckon we have hashed that out a few times.
Any who I do get passed a lot but I don't care. I want a sticker that's a turtle that looks like a really mad, old battle hardened soldier that's says embrace the turtle power

3jumpjeep

My truck will run up to 65, but that's way beyond the power band. The 4.56 fears are the limiting factor, but necessary for pulling my 10000lb camper. I sometimes dream of a turbocharger and overdrive, but mostly I stay local and it's perfect at 45 and under.

Another Ahab

I run mine 60 and 70 a lot of the time. It's hit 80 once but it loves 60-65. It's a myth that these trucks only run 55 without exploding. But I reckon we have hashed that out a few times.
Any who I do get passed a lot but I don't care. I want a sticker that's a turtle that looks like a really mad, old battle hardened soldier that's says embrace the turtle power

turtle.jpg

gottaluvit

Mine finally cruises at 55 comfortably with new(ish) humvee tires (37s). I still get some vibration, but only at times. I think it's the runflats in my rear tires.

Just got back from running my M1102, with 1500 lbs on it, out to a property that I just worked on the driveway, but no gravel yet. I thought it would have dried today some but it was slop. The trailer pulled the truck sideways and I just hammered it and with them newer tires on it just did as instructed and straightened right up and climbed the slope. I thought for a minute I might be in a predicament but the Chev pulled through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks