• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Another Ahab

On the way home yesterday in my C.U.C.V. I stopped along a dirt road and heard this:
That's cool!

Spring Peepers (I'm pretty sure). But no clue what that lower register croaking is; might be an insect instead of a frog.

If it's a frog, I'm not sure we got that one over this way; can't remember hearing that sound at night.

But love the night sounds; thanks for the treat!

gottaluvit

That's cool!

Spring Peepers (I'm pretty sure). But no clue what that lower register croaking is; might be an insect instead of a frog.

If it's a frog, I'm not sure we got that one over this way; can't remember hearing that sound at night.

But love the night sounds; thanks for the treat!
I had my doubts on the deeper sounding ones myself. It was in a low, deeply wooded, thick growth area. I was hearing what sounded like a tree frog as well but the mic didn't pic that up. The whole orchestra was making me sleepy!

cucvrus

DSCF6959.jpgThis is the most complicated piece of equipment I own. I barely know how to use any functions on it. But I use it and get by. DSCF6958.jpgToday I bought one of these for my Mule M1009. It was not coming off fast idle so I thought I would try this. Expensive piece. DSCF6964.jpgDSCF6960.jpgDSCF6961.jpgDSCF6962.jpgI installed it and the Mule M1009 was purring at normal idle again. DSCF6963.jpgIt has been a year since I rebuilt the engine. So far so very good. This is the first glitch I had with it. The engine still looks good a little dusty but still clean looking and leak free.

Another Ahab

Glad that it worked out for you (and I hope "expensive" doesn't mean way expensive).

For the life of me I can't figure out what that thing is above your radiator core; what is that thing!?

engine.jpg

CUCVLOVER

Guided a learning MV owner in the installation of a freshly rebuilt injection pump, intake, fuel lines, ground strap from engine to body, and a new electric lift pump since the po already did that mod. It went as good as can be expected for a little rain and such. Dude did try to burn the truck up though. He dropped a long screw driver down a hole in the rad support to keep it from rolling away. Well said screw driver decided to make it with the hot leg of the slave plug. It's was definitely interesting, sparks and fire everywhere. I did start the truck after to make sure everything was ok.
Thanks for your help Rick.

Diesel performance in Memphis did the IP rebuild and as expected they did great.

It makes me happy to see another cucv back on the road and help a friend and pass on knowledge that you guys gave me. Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cucvrus

DSCF6958.jpgNice little switch still available from GM $119. is my cost in US currency. It did for sure fix the issue. Everything is as designed. No need to change it now. 32 years in and still running and driving. Good Luck. I had to check the price I had the receipt in my work coat.

35Z-SGM

Today I replaced the steering stabilizer and front shocks to try and reduce the death wobble. Replaced the temperature sensor so my wait light would not come on when the engine was hot. I think that this is what led to a glow plug tip expanding and breaking off in the head. Also, replaced PCV Valve and changed oil and filter. About to start on installing a new hitch and brake controller.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bellows AFS in Oahu Hawaii. Very private beach setting away from the tourists and crowds. Probably not for the single guys- few single women on the beach. It's one of the few military benefits left for us retirees. There are several sites in Hawaii for active duty and retired military.

Another Ahab

Bellows AFS in Oahu Hawaii. Very private beach setting away from the tourists and crowds. Probably not for the single guys- few single women on the beach. It's one of the few military benefits left for us retirees. There are several sites in Hawaii for active duty and retired military.

Long time ago, me and Mama went to the New Beach on Maui. I'd almost forgotten until you mentioned this here.

That was one of the finest beach experiences I can say I ever had on any beach anywhere, and not for any reason you'd think.

tim292stro

Fond memories of Bellows beach in my youth. I was found once alone on the beach at age 2 by an SP sailor. They way my parents describe the incident, when I was asked what I was doing by the SP I casually replied "I'm heading to the officer's mess to get a cup of coffee."

So I guess my coffee addiction was set in salt-water early :beer:

Since we are on nautical topics, I fear we are drifting...
:derailed:

Today I put diesel in my Blazer, and test fitted a dual color dome lamp to the rear top dome light cut-out. I'll be doing three lights, one under the dash (existing fixture), one over the center console, and one in the rear hatch. No new holes, all removable. With the service light switch on, the dome light will illuminate white, with the blackout light mode selected it will illuminate blue (NVIS compatible). Hoping to start the headlight harness work next week finally :beer:.

MountieM1010

I installed a new thermostat in my M1010 today. The old gauge was reading 201F. I installed a new gauge and the reading changed to about 180F. To make sure I installed a new OEM thermostat today and the reading was again at 180F. It was a relief to know it was the old gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks