• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

thz71

Today I replaced the steering stabilizer and front shocks to try and reduce the death wobble. Replaced the temperature sensor so my wait light would not come on when the engine was hot. I think that this is what led to a glow plug tip expanding and breaking off in the head. Also, replaced PCV Valve and changed oil and filter. About to start on installing a new hitch and brake controller.

This is how you fix death wobble

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is it about that last pic ?
That's a great looking truck !

Cant wait to see matching tires on the rear.
I am in the same boat as you. I really want to swap out tires and be done with it but with retirement and relocating my family, they are going to have to wait a bit. This truck is looking how I envisioned it and more importantly, it's doing all the tasks I had hoped it would. Thanks so much for the compliments.

Ilikemtb999

I'm digging in and replacing the water pump and timing cover gaskets. Also got a new balancer since the old one is looking a bit dried out. Had to take a break to go borrow a puller.

rsh4364

It takes 3k with the 4.11 to hit 60 in your truck?
Is it the box making it slower or what?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
At 65 my 4.56 geared cucv with 33 inch tires spins at 3k,70mph it's at 34k and at my top speed of 83 mph it was at 4k.it sees 70mph on a daily basis. I use a GPS for my speedometer.

thz71

Adjustability is good, as long as it doesn't lose the proper adjustment. As long as the proper preload is there (the single washer in mine) it won't need any adjustment for a long long time.
No maybe not but i didn't Wana put a washer in and have it not be enough and have to blow it all back apart. So I spent an extra dollar on 2 nuts and 2 bolts haha

CuCv M1008

Been pretty busy lately, sorting out starting issues. fried glow plug card 20 year old solenoid and bad glow plugs. Got a new card a few weeks ago new solenoid and did the switch to AC60s love it now. Also did the doghead relay fix, seems to start a little better than before, gotta love the clack it makes. have made quite a list thanks to this site. I really want to put some more gauges in my truck, found this picture on here and I like the setup.

afdsdadfsa.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks