• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

SOLD M1009 2014 build.

Sold one of the M1009's that I built 2 years ago.001.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpgMy friend liked it a lot but it just sat around and i told him he should sell it. It was just sitting in the sun all the time. It is gone now.

bryfor

Been pressure washing and washing and washing again my m1009 undercarriage in preparation for some unerbody painting. What a chore. Discovered a few bits of hardware stuck in strange places and original gm black paint where I thought thete was rust. I think this truck is a winner because there isnt as much corrosion as I thought.lots of orange clay so im inclined to believe she was a southern truck thank god! Not looking forward to brushing my por 15 on so just might have to con a painter friend to spray it for me. He has a lift and I would have to do it on my back on a creeper.my generac power washer did a great job....its a good investment

jpg

Cleaned up winter-induced rust and depot-painted my chrome mirror using behr paint from Home Depot. I brought them a number from my bridge plate for them to color-match. I chose the one that best matched the rest of the truck. Turned out OK.

I was disappointed that the metal I so carefully refinished last summer developed so much rust. New England winter means road salt... I used RustOleum bumper paint over rust reformer. I'll need to find a better approach... For now, I just treated it again the same way.

Also mounted the flags. All set for the parade tomorrow.

CuCv M1008

It's your "first post"
Welcome from Germany.
Maybe you have some pics of your Truck?
Thanks a lot guys, glad to be here. Took me 5 years of looking to finally get my first Cucv. I only have one picture right now, don't own a cell phone :D. The addiction is real, let me tell ya, used the truck today to move a few vehicles for my Dad and have been replacing a lot of odds and ends, want to do the resistor bypass soon. Also cleaned the cdr valve and inside the intake manifold runs better and no smoke now.
13001184_924309500972003_5209378937912377568_n.jpg

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks a lot guys, glad to be here. Took me 5 years of looking to finally get my first Cucv. I only have one picture right now, don't own a cell phone :D. The addiction is real, let me tell ya, used the truck today to move a few vehicles for my Dad and have been replacing a lot of odds and ends, want to do the resistor bypass soon. Also cleaned the cdr valve and inside the intake manifold runs better and no smoke now.
View attachment 625573[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Look's really nice and solid....
What tire size is on your Truck ?

iacucv

Been busy on the new to me m1009. Have had it about a month and between a lot of hours at work and trying to keep up with a 2 year old I have accomplished some work. New dash cover in hand, painted proper color. Did most of the cutting to fit of the horrible old dash pad, hope to get glued on soon. New gp card via Antennaclimber, new gp relay, and new ac60gs. 12v bypass done, and Doghead mod done. New belts all around, Goodyear gator backs. New Hella dual horn set up to replace the dead stock horn. Burned up a sealed beam on my maiden voyage home, on gravel 1/2 mile from my destination for the night. Hated the light output of my m1008 so I ordered and installed some Vision-X sealed beam conversions. They run 9006 halogens, and along with an LMC headlight harness they seem to have tripled the light over the old sealed beams. Now I'm on to some more trivial stuff. This weekend I installed a CD player and am in the process of the speakers. Built a couple of low profile speaker boxes that fit nicely on the ledge in front of the rear wheel wells. Arriving this week are a couple of waterproof inset enclosures for the front. After looking at the lmc truck kick panel set up, I liked the location but not the execution with parking brake clearance issues. My solution is to use the inset enclosures and just drill a 5" hole into my kick panels. Parking brake clears fine after testing with the speaker grille. Next up, replace the leaky rear diff gasket, and rear main seal. Floor pan replacement, line-X the inside, and a coat of epoxy on the exterior. A work in progress!

richingalveston

take a look behind those kick panels before drilling. you are asking for a lot of leaks cutting holes there. the vents can leak on their own. Take the panel off and look at it before cutting. all of the water from the front cowl runs down the sides and out the bottom of the fenders.

CUCVLOVER

You do what I did in my 08. Mount a ammo can to the floor with a couple speakers in it.

I then put some cup holders in the lid. I used 2 JL audio speakers in there, 2 6x9 pioneer speakers behind the seat in ammo cans, and have a 300 watt 10 inch subwoofer in the seat and that is all the sound you can ever need in that truck. You have to remember these trucks be it the blazer or pick up have the acoustics of a soda can lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rustystud

008.jpg005.jpg006.jpg006.jpg001.jpg016.jpg

After installing the extra power steering cooler I decided to replace all the return hoses with "Parker Hi-Temp" hose and install hose "flex" armor on all the hoses. The Flex armor is a 1/8" thick heavy duty plastic wrap that you install over the hose. Now my hoses can handle 500 degrees and 400psi pressure ! Of course they are return lines with about 20psi on them, but like I always say "you never know !" .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks