• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

slickm1008

So far:
pulled TH400 and swapped in an np435 5speed, added banks turbo, swapped out grill for 90 burb grill, h2 wheels w/315's, ALL NEW interior (still in box), h4 headlight conversion, ORD offset lift spring/block, power locks, tilt column, floor hi/lo switch, dash mount wiper switch, cruise control

still to come: red and grey paint, retro sound audio and slim sub, interior INSTALLED, final tune!!!

thz71

So far:
pulled TH400 and swapped in an np435 5speed, added banks turbo, swapped out grill for 90 burb grill, h2 wheels w/315's, ALL NEW interior (still in box), h4 headlight conversion, ORD offset lift spring/block, power locks, tilt column, floor hi/lo switch, dash mount wiper switch, cruise control

still to come: red and grey paint, retro sound audio and slim sub, interior INSTALLED, final tune!!!
That's one busy day

cucvrus

WOW that door removal looks like a hack job. I think I will just be happy rolling my windows down. I can spend that time doing something more constructive. Makes it a real PITA when I am pulled over with no doors , No mirrors and it is pouring down rain 100 miles from home. And Johnny law tells me I have to have the truck towed. It has happened to a friend with a 79 Ford Bronco last summer in New Jersey. Also seen guys get towed for lift kits and over size tires.

CUCVLOVER

WOW that door removal looks like a hack job. I think I will just be happy rolling my windows down. I can spend that time doing something more constructive. Makes it a real PITA when I am pulled over with no doors , No mirrors and it is pouring down rain 100 miles from home. And Johnny law tells me I have to have the truck towed. It has happened to a friend with a 79 Ford Bronco last summer in New Jersey. Also seen guys get towed for lift kits and over size tires.
I want to build a set of those tube doors like rock crawlers use and I think I am going to use either Allen or shoulder bolts with lock nuts instead of pins. I read the link again and came up with that idea. I can then mount me some mirrors to the tube doors. I will use them around the house and put the regular doors on if I go far off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AECS

... Kinda extreme. I had some crazy stuff in CA, that is why I am now in TN.... Freedom is more important then whether...

3jumpjeep

... Kinda extreme. I had some crazy stuff in CA, that is why I am now in TN.... Freedom is more important then whether...
Weather... I chose Tennessee for the weather and the liberty. Anyone looking for a house in Northeast Connecticut? I have one I need to sell.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gottaluvit

If these Chevy's only had the driver's mirror mounted other than on the door, it would be perfectly legal here in the buckeye state. As long as seat belts were on.

Kaiser67M715

So far:

Np435 5spd? Last I knew they were all 4 speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

I fail to see the hack job anywhere. Driving without doors is perfectly legal at least where I am. Rolling the windows down is nowhere near the same thing l. And if you need that 15-30 minutes to do somthing more constructive you need to calm down down a little.

cucvrus

I was more or less thinking of the safety factor of the whole thing. And the picture with the wires hacked off. I would rather have steel doors get hit then my leg. Beside I haul precious cargo with me many times my Grand Children. So any amount of cool fades away when it comes to life and safety. I have been broad sided in my M1028 once. Glad for seat belts and doors. I walked away. The truck well that went south quickly once the adjuster came by and did the estimate.

thz71

I was more or less thinking of the safety factor of the whole thing. And the picture with the wires hacked off. I would rather have steel doors get hit then my leg. Beside I haul precious cargo with me many times my Grand Children. So any amount of cool fades away when it comes to life and safety. I have been broad sided in my M1028 once. Glad for seat belts and doors. I walked away. The truck well that went south quickly once the adjuster came by and did the estimate.
I'm lifted 8 inches anything that's big enough to hit me in the leg the doors in one of these old trucks aren't gona help. Still safer than a motorcycle.

rustystud

Here in Washington State you must have "All" the original safety equipment installed. That includes the doors. You would be surprised how much damage that "Old Trucks" doors can take ! There is also the matter of flying debris like "rocks" that it deflects. I have quite a few rock dings on my doors. If I didn't have the doors to protect me I would have been feeling the "Bern" I mean the Burn !

Durango_USMC

Still trying to sort out the dragging issue and some electrical. Turn signals arent wanting to work. But looks like the rear end isnt too bad and is working as it should. When I jack up the front wheels they dont spin quite as freely as the rear. Who knows, might be a transmission issue at this point... the hunt shall continue this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks