• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

thz71

Here in Washington State you must have "All" the original safety equipment installed. That includes the doors. You would be surprised how much damage that "Old Trucks" doors can take ! There is also the matter of flying debris like "rocks" that it deflects. I have quite a few rock dings on my doors. If I didn't have the doors to protect me I would have been feeling the "Bern" I mean the Burn !
Bet the jeep boys love that law!

thz71

Here in Washington State you must have "All" the original safety equipment installed. That includes the doors. You would be surprised how much damage that "Old Trucks" doors can take ! There is also the matter of flying debris like "rocks" that it deflects. I have quite a few rock dings on my doors. If I didn't have the doors to protect me I would have been feeling the "Bern" I mean the Burn !
I wouldn't be surprised by the damage they can take haha.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the days of the CJ, tops and doors were an option. I've owned a bunch of Jeeps but I've never owned Jeep doors. Not sure I'd enjoy living in any state that regulates freedom. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out the logic of states that require a seatbelt in a 4000# car but not a helmet on a motorcycle.

rustystud

In the days of the CJ, tops and doors were an option. I've owned a bunch of Jeeps but I've never owned Jeep doors. Not sure I'd enjoy living in any state that regulates freedom. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out the logic of states that require a seatbelt in a 4000# car but not a helmet on a motorcycle.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we lost our freedoms a long time ago ! We now live in the "loving" arms of the "Nanny State". I remember a time not long ago when if I wanted a rifle I could order one from the Sears catalog. Now I'm fingerprinted and background checked till the cows come home and the people doing the checking are looking at me like I'm some kind of mass murderer ! Everywhere I go I see cameras taking my picture. I cannot even leave my state without notifying my bank that I'm traveling or they will cancel my cards ! and it is getting worse every single day ! So this safety thing is of no consequence to me compared to the greater freedoms already lost !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we lost our freedoms a long time ago ! We now live in the "loving" arms of the "Nanny State". I remember a time not long ago when if I wanted a rifle I could order one from the Sears catalog. Now I'm fingerprinted and background checked till the cows come home and the people doing the checking are looking at me like I'm some kind of mass murderer ! Everywhere I go I see cameras taking my picture. I cannot even leave my state without notifying my bank that I'm traveling or they will cancel my cards ! and it is getting worse every single day ! So this safety thing is of no consequence to me compared to the greater freedoms already lost !
I agree but you've lost more freedom than I have (at this time).

CUCVLOVER

Last night I pulled the metal thing behind the hood and the plastic panel under that so I can work on the wipers. I sprayed the linkages down with pb blazer and messed with them and they loosened up a bit but the motor is basically brunt up. It gets so hot you just about can't touch it and will barely move the wipers

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Last night I pulled the metal thing behind the hood and the plastic panel under that so I can work on the wipers. I sprayed the linkages down with pb blazer and messed with them and they loosened up a bit but the motor is basically brunt up. It gets so hot you just about can't touch it and will barely move the wipers

It might make a good windshield de-icer for winter...

You never know. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No and Yes! :-D Only got one side off so far, working on the other side this week, and the heads will go to our local Head Doctor! :grin:

cucvrus

Great news. I just like to let people know that it is wise money that is spent getting removed heads checked and rebuilt while they are off. Waste of time to just replace a head gasket without having the used heads you removed checked out at a machine shop. I don't buy into the straight edge theory. There is more to it then that. Good Luck.

rustystud

Great news. I just like to let people know that it is wise money that is spent getting removed heads checked and rebuilt while they are off. Waste of time to just replace a head gasket without having the used heads you removed checked out at a machine shop. I don't buy into the straight edge theory. There is more to it then that. Good Luck.
Have you been reading about all those rebuilt diesel heads from Ford lately ? Almost everyone needs to be resurfaced ! So I totally agree with you cucvrus about always having the heads checked at a machine shop. They have all the accurate tools to do it properly.

CUCVLOVER

Dad always told me when a head comes off a engine you have it decked, rebuilt, boiled, magnafluxed, and the valve guides and seats polished

CUCVLOVER

Thats right. Good that you listen to Dad. I respect you for that. No BS.
Thank you

He's the one that taught me a long time ago that if you do a job for someone else do it liked you do it for yourself. I guess thats why with somethings my level of detail I want is impossible to reach. Lol.
You'd probably get along with my dad, he doesn't know much about the cucv and 6.2 diesel but he is slowly Learning

CUCVLOVER

Well I pulled the old wiper motor off yesterday evening and got a new one today. 50 bucks at autozone and it has the life time replacement warranty. I got everything buttoned up and the new wotor works great. Now I need to find a washer fluid tank. Mine is busted and autozone said they don't have it so I guess it's off to the junk yard lol. A junk yard that I go to every once in a while has lots of square bodies (or they did the last time I was there lol).
I guess Napa doesn't have everything :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks