• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

latvius

Previous owner painted it, he used a stencil (= PITA). I just hope I never get in an accident and have to try an match the paint Doh!:shock:

But yeah it is pretty unique, most peeps think it is a wrap when I drive around town.

Last edited:

Sardot1

Did resistor bypass on second truck. And replaced glow-plug relay, it definitely needed it, went to move it to my garage to do the work and it would sit there with the wait light on for about 30 sec, then would not start. New relay solved that problem.

Finished tracking down and repairing pack rat-chewed wires, about 25 wire repairs in all between the two trucks. Fortunately, he had a preference only for lighting and ground wires and didn't get into any major harnesses. I thought I was done, but in testing my lights I found the left rear running lights to be dim, and the backup lights would flash with the left turn signal. I thought maybe I screwed something up, but with a little more digging I found that the little bugger made a special trip up that hole below the left rear light just to chew through the ground wire. An easy fix, and all is working now. Glad to have both trucks up and running, and the lights working now.

I found his favorite toilet was behind the left headlight on both trucks. He liked to chew on wires while crapping an pissing in my truck.
0705161508[1].jpg

I also removed that leaking oil sampling port.

AECS

Drove it, but I do that everyday. Heat index is supposed to be 110 in Memphis today, almost took the car with A/C to work. But the call of the CUCV is just to strong.

Another Ahab

2 down @ 55. Only A/C I knew about until momma got her new suburban.

I'd get a new truck but they don't come with crotch coolers any more (vent windows for the politically correct in the crowd).

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.
You've been spending a lot of time on that porcelain throne, glaser06:

- Is everything, uhm, coming out alright!?

kimco

Got it home!
My new m1009 was delivered today. When the delivery truck tried to jump I think he popped/fried something. He jumped it to get it on the car carrier. Couldn't get it started when taking it off, but had lights. Then while trying to jump it I get no lights at all when turning the key.

glaser06

Almost forgot, finished up my turbo exhaust and completed my interior upgrades (seat frame repair and new floormats with sound deadener).

All chromey and shooting out the side like all the cool kids do these days.

Edit: and polished my rims. They were 4 years of nasty.

Another Ahab

Got it home!
My new m1009 was delivered today. When the delivery truck tried to jump I think he popped/fried something. He jumped it to get it on the car carrier. Couldn't get it started when taking it off, but had lights. Then while trying to jump it I get no lights at all when turning the key.
Congratulations. :beer:

cucvrus

I broke down and sold an M1009 that was sitting in the field at the farm. It was pretty well stripped out and the axles and frame were all that was really any good. A guy from facebook ask if anyone had a good K5 frame and I replied. He was impressed with the cleanliness of the frame. It has been in the garage about 15 years and I wanted it gone so I can get some more areas cleaned up. 1 M1009 more in that garage and it will be cleaned out. It had no title and the body was rough from damage not rust. It came from the brotherhood of crane operators union training grounds. I think they moved it around like a barrel a few times.

Ilikemtb999

Almost forgot, finished up my turbo exhaust and completed my interior upgrades (seat frame repair and new floormats with sound deadener).

All chromey and shooting out the side like all the cool kids do these days.

Edit: and polished my rims. They were 4 years of nasty.

is your downpipe on the outside of the frame? Any muffler?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Managed to fix some lighting issues. The truck developed a no brake light and no RR turn condition after the trans swap. Traced it back to a plug under the daah that wasn't seated properly. I think the SM465 swap will be short lived in this truck. Just not diggin it like I thought I would.

glaser06

Managed to fix some lighting issues. The truck developed a no brake light and no RR turn condition after the trans swap. Traced it back to a plug under the daah that wasn't seated properly. I think the SM465 swap will be short lived in this truck. Just not diggin it like I thought I would.
I might need that tranny if you don't like it.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I broke down and sold an M1009 that was sitting in the field at the farm. It was pretty well stripped out and the axles and frame were all that was really any good. A guy from facebook ask if anyone had a good K5 frame and I replied. He was impressed with the cleanliness of the frame. It has been in the garage about 15 years and I wanted it gone so I can get some more areas cleaned up. 1 M1009 more in that garage and it will be cleaned out. It had no title and the body was rough from damage not rust. It came from the brotherhood of crane operators union training grounds. I think they moved it around like a barrel a few times.
Our local union crane operators training facility has M1009's and M1008's on their back lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks