• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Another Ahab

First jack-up the front end and put it on jackstands. Then look for the steering gear sector shaft adjusting screw on the gear.
On the top of the gear there is a Allen head screw and jam nut.
rustystud, your Wisdom knows no bounds. I kid you not; it is always gratefully humbling to be here in your masterful presence:

sage.jpg

Lizard Dog

Radiator was leaking so I pulled it. Was considering having it repaired by a local radiator shop that I've had good luck with, but it looked pretty corroded so I went ahead and ordered the Genesis all aluminum one that's been discussed thoroughly here. Fingers crossed. IMG_2994-1.jpg

Lizard Dog

ORD Steering Box Brace

Also installed the ORD steering box brace which I've been meaning to do for about a year. Luckily I have no cracks so I dodged the bullet. Brace went in nicely, took me 1.5hrs.

glaser06

Packed 1/2 of everything I own in my 1028A1 and 101 and now I'm headed west again. Only 13 hours to go. Lucky me, I have a pretty good copilot:

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.

3jumpjeep

Packed 1/2 of everything I own in my 1028A1 and 101 and now I'm headed west again. Only 13 hours to go. Lucky me, I have a pretty good copilot:

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.
I have a co-pilot like that. He loves the bench seat in my 1028A2.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CuCv M1008

I changed the gear oil in both diffs and I am glad I did, it looked horrible. Also seemed like the gaskets wanted to be permanent parts of both of the covers. Next on the list is king pins as well as brakes and a few odds and ends.

Another Ahab

I changed the gear oil in both diffs and I am glad I did, it looked horrible. Also seemed like the gaskets wanted to be permanent parts of both of the covers. Next on the list is king pins as well as brakes and a few odds and ends.
Do you have any idea how many miles that gear oil had on it since the last service?

machinist75

Installed a 20mm ammo can in the cucv suburban clone in place of the stock center console. The armrest pad is a 1/2" piece of plywood with some foam wrapped in the marpat material. Also installed a extinguisher and a bullet knob on the transfer case lever.

Attachments

machinist75

Replaced the driver side front window felt and channel. Also wrapped the velour panel with the marpat material and overlayed the plastic wood grain panel with the 3m marpat sticker. Just have the rear passenger doors but it's 100 degrees outside so one door a weekend.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks