• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rustystud

026.jpg

Took the CUCV and trailer to the Gorge to see the "Grateful Dead" concert. My wife is a "Dead Head". For some reason this is the only picture uploading now. I saw a really cool Uni-Mog on the way back. Took some pictures.
All and all a good trip. Really hot though ! The truck did will, especially going up the pass. The coolant temperature never went over 180 F and the transmission stayed under 150 F .

CuCv M1008

Do you have any idea how many miles that gear oil had on it since the last service?

Not sure. I know there was water in the rear diff for awhile, there was rust on the inside of the cover. Needless to say I wasn't very happy when I saw that. Lets hope it stays together! :driver:

Another Ahab

Took the CUCV and trailer to the Gorge to see the "Grateful Dead" concert. My wife is a "Dead Head". For some reason this is the only picture uploading now. I saw a really cool Uni-Mog on the way back. Took some pictures..
That'a great venue; reminds me a little of Red Rocks out in Denver (or was that Boulder?). Where exactly is that stage?

PS Was Mama happy, did they cover all her favorite Dead tunes!?

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That'a great venue; reminds me a little of Red Rocks out in Denver (or was that Boulder?). Where exactly is that stage?

PS Was Mama happy, did they cover all her favorite Dead tunes!?
I've been in three-ship formations of C-141s flying terrain masking flights down inside that gorge; if you were on the rim you'd be looking down at to the tops of our airplanes as they went by. Exhilarating. :wink:

Never attended a concert there though.

Another Ahab

I've been in three-ship formations of C-141s flying terrain masking flights down inside that gorge; if you were on the rim you'd be looking down at to the tops of our airplanes as they went by. Exhilarating.

Never attended a concert there though.
Whoa...That gorge is deeper than I thought! Wow.

3jumpjeep

View attachment 635418

Took the CUCV and trailer to the Gorge to see the "Grateful Dead" concert. My wife is a "Dead Head". For some reason this is the only picture uploading now. I saw a really cool Uni-Mog on the way back. Took some pictures.
All and all a good trip. Really hot though ! The truck did will, especially going up the pass. The coolant temperature never went over 180 F and the transmission stayed under 150 F .
Dead Concerts...
The Grateful Dead provided the music, but the audience put on "The Show".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

3jumpjeep

View attachment 635418

Plugged in for the night after 14 hours behind the wheel. The 1028A2 is capable, but slow.

3jumpjeep

View attachment 635418

Plugged in for the night after 14 hours behind the wheel. The 1028A2 is capable, but slow.
You can say that again. I've made more trips from Ga to Texas than I care to remember at 55mph.

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.

3jumpjeep

Easy in my car, but unforgiving in the 1028A2. If I can just sell that house in CT I'll happily stay: TN for a while.

Another Ahab

Easy in my car, but unforgiving in the 1028A2. If I can just sell that house in CT I'll happily stay: TN for a while.

Yeah you feel my pain then. At speed it's a 19 hour drive. In the CUCV it's close to 30 with stops.

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.
A 15 hour drive becomes...an expedition. Pack extra rations. You're here for the duration.

Maybe what you need is to shorten the trip, and go to a different kind of MV for the ride:

https://youtu.be/h5fjKEXXPQ8

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks