• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rustystud

That'a great venue; reminds me a little of Red Rocks out in Denver (or was that Boulder?). Where exactly is that stage?

PS Was Mama happy, did they cover all her favorite Dead tunes!?
That view is of the Columbia river and it is deep ! Momma wasn't too happy though ! They played all her favorites the night before ! It was a real "Mardi Gra" atmosphere there ! Over 10,000 people, probably closer to 20,000. Half walking around getting stoned (remember pot is legal here) and drunk and the other half enjoying the music and then going and getting stoned ! Lots of food stands ! The shuttle driver said this was a pretty mellow crowd. The ones to watch out for is the country crowd which is this coming up weekend. He said they will get drunk by 1:00 pm and then start beating their women by 2:00 pm ! The concert doesn't start until 7:30 pm.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a really good idea, CUCVLOVER! The summers in Central FL are brutally HOT - so hot that I use an oven mitt to start the truck and drive. I get first degree burns on my palm and fingers when I don't use the oven mitt, even with a reflective sunshade covering the windshield. (No, I'm not joking.) Having an insulating layer of paracord, or a steering wheel cover of some sorts, would reduce my need for the oven mitt.

:goodjob:

Drove the green a little. Sat for almost a week, ran good though. I definitely blowed the dust out of it, 65+ mph a lot.

Then I started working on the steering wheel

CUCVLOVER

That's a really good idea, CUCVLOVER! The summers in Central FL are brutally HOT - so hot that I use an oven mitt to start the truck and drive. I get first degree burns on my palm and fingers when I don't use the oven mitt, even with a reflective sunshade covering the windshield. (No, I'm not joking.) Having an insulating layer of paracord, or a steering wheel cover of some sorts, would reduce my need for the oven mitt.

:goodjob:
Thanks.
I finished the bottom half this morning and it loosk great. Get a pic in a bit. I then drove the truck to the store to get some grub and I really like it. The rope is cooler, you get some air between your fingers, and gives you a better grip on the wheel. Now I just need a way to cool the door panels and seat. I have about jumped out of the truck before the seat was so hot. Jump in wearing short and have ya shirt pull up. That is not fun, your back, back of ya legs, arms on the door panels sizzle.
I was going to just buy a green or camo wheel cover but the part of the wheel that you hold is not as big around as most now days so figured it would slip

cucvrus

The CUCVLOVER steering wheel Mod. This should go in the stickys. Along with the oven mitts. My steering wheel and shifter gets so hot I wear boxing gloves when I drive. That just me fair skinned blonde haired blue eyes. :)

Another Ahab

The CUCVLOVER steering wheel Mod. This should go in the stickys. Along with the oven mitts. My steering wheel and shifter gets so hot I wear boxing gloves when I drive. That just me fair skinned blonde haired blue eyes.
Now you're talking:

- Some folks in the boating crowd go crazy with this rope work, but that's for advanced classes.

wheel II.jpg

Obijuank5

Those are the the odds and ends left. I will be trimming the front fang off the fender completely leaving only a few inches under the core support. Then I will trim as necessary on the back side. Just a little.
This is just going to be a truck to enjoy driving and not go overboard. Which leads me to the blazer which has gone full retard. For anyone interested here is the blazer.
20160306_113302_zps9yneisdz.jpg

cucvrus

Dropped off the Crown of Thorns M1009 at the GM dealer for service and Pennsylvania State inspection. Pennsylvania State safety inspection ios one of the strictest in the US. I remember if you had a Valid Pennsylvania inspected vehicle on any base they were OK with it and left you slide on other safety inspections. They go over the entire vehicle top to bottom and check everything. I never have any problems with getting any of my vehicles inspected. And to be honest I like to have a second set of eyes look over the vehicle and check everything out. I think it is good and makes me feel more comfortable driving down the road pulling a trailer with my Grand Children in the vehicle with me. After all what could be worn out. I changed everything on the Crown of Thorns M1009 at least once over the years. 125K and running strong. I just unloaded a trailer load of firewood tonight after work. Removed the trailer and dropped it off in dealer valet packing lot. I hope they don't scratch it. Be a shame to damage it. DSCF6716 - Copy (1).jpgDSCF6717 (1).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks