• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

rustystud

Was referring to the ease of access since the cluster was removed to refresh grounds BEHIND the cluster etc.
Whatever ones he could reach.
Was not talking about the cluster itself.

Remove ground
sand
brush
Apply NO-OX-ID conductive grease
reinstall

Simple as that

Would do the relays too.

Cleaning contacts is a little different.
Well that explains it. I thought you where talking about making "coffee" !
OK, just kidding ! :wink: Thought we could use a little humor here.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won another M1101 trailer this afternoon; for $140 less than my last one (that I had to sell).

http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/790486

Not looking forward to all the drama of getting it registered but at least now I have room to keep it and the M1009 for pulling it home.

This is the old one. I had to rig up the pintle to the jeep to get it home.

Trailer03.jpg

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I can't find anything that says I need to fill out and submit an EUC for the trailer. The auction description says it has a demil code of A and elsewhere:
For items with the demilitarization codes Q or F, Trade Security Controls require buyers to fill out an End-Use Certificate (EUC).
So that seems to say that I do not need the EUC, however I did have to do and redo the EUC several times the last time I won a trailer (on govliq).

Did something change?

CUCVLOVER

I put somewhere amongst 60 in gas in my truck today. Ran it hard, speedo needle was pointing at the left blinker indicator more than once. Was surprisingly smooth at that speed. Found out I need king pin bushings and springs though. Getting a little death wobble at low speeds 25-45 sometimes. Then I get to chase down a new electrical gremlin, I have a shorted wire somewhere in my stereo that keeps blowing a fuse. Oh well just another day in the life of me

Another Ahab

I put somewhere amongst 60 in gas in my truck today. Ran it hard, speedo needle was pointing at the left blinker indicator more than once. Was surprisingly smooth at that speed. Found out I need king pin bushings and springs though. Getting a little death wobble at low speeds 25-45 sometimes. Then I get to chase down a new electrical gremlin, I have a shorted wire somewhere in my stereo that keeps blowing a fuse. Oh well just another day in the life of me
Hang tough, CUCLOVER. If it was easy, then anybody could tackle it. [thumbzup]:beer:

3jumpjeep

I hear ya brother.
Truck is always an easy fix no matter how hard the task. Dealing with women now that's just enough to make anyone's head explode when they act stupid.
Trouble shooting a short circuit in a 30 year old truck is simple compared to a any short circuit in a woman.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks