• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

cucvrus

I replaced 2 sets of the worn out oil soaked rubber radiator support insulator pads. This may put me into CUCV Hot Rodding but lets go give it a whirl.
I used Prothane Motion Control. Sounds erotic. Radiator insulators Prothane Part # 7-712-BL they fit all GM big block radiator supports on 68-91 Chevy / GM cars and trucks. It was not broke and I fixed it. It was plum worn out and doing nothing. I will be doing this to Terminus M1009 also. I hate to disturb that fine gem. But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Looks like a great day today. I have lots of work and some fun working on Easter find M1008. I will post my results later. Have a great day and make the best of it.

rustystud

I replaced 2 sets of the worn out oil soaked rubber radiator support insulator pads. This may put me into CUCV Hot Rodding but lets go give it a whirl.
I used Prothane Motion Control. Sounds erotic. Radiator insulators Prothane Part # 7-712-BL they fit all GM big block radiator supports on 68-91 Chevy / GM cars and trucks. It was not broke and I fixed it. It was plum worn out and doing nothing. I will be doing this to Terminus M1009 also. I hate to disturb that fine gem. But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Looks like a great day today. I have lots of work and some fun working on Easter find M1008. I will post my results later. Have a great day and make the best of it.
I went to the "Prothane" radiator mounts years ago and they work great !

ridenby

Used Rosscommon method to convert to 12volt system. Installed LMC headlight relay wiring. Forgot how much fun changing starter on 4x4 chevy can be. Power bled front brakes,rear bleeders are being ----.

ralbelt

Rebuilt the front calipers, replaced brake hoses and bleeders. Replaced rear brake cylinders, retension springs,made up new metal lines and replaced rear hose, also small line from proportioning valve to rear hose connection. I had trouble forming the short bends at the valve so for now I bypassed it.

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

Today I replaced the king pin bushings and springs in the front axle. The truck had grown a case of death wobble and the new springs and bushings has basically solved it. Still a slight shake here and there but there's probably my tires. I'm happy for now.

gottaluvit

Used mine for campaigning from Saturday through Tuesday, but since nothing political is allowed on this site, no pictures can be uploaded. Had a lot of horns blasting and waving and hootin' 'n hollerin', and a few photo taking times! Used a couple tanks of fuel, all at an average of 25-30 mph. Hit every town in my vacinity. This site may ban politics but as long as our country allows it, I proudly participate.

rustystud

Stainless steel won't work any better UNDER the u bolt!!
Really ? That's what you took from my comment ? Well then let me explain in simple terms. First take the 'U' bolt off, then remove the old brake line. Then replace the 'U' bolt (making sure to torque it to the proper specs) and then install a new stainless steel brake line. Bleed the brakes. Better ?

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Rusty if I offended you in any way. I just couldn't resist my one liner. I meant it to be funny like the above post #4693 that the pinched line helped keep the brake shoes from wearing out. I knew fully what you meant and just expected everyone to know it was all in fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks