• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Rusty if I offended you in any way. I just couldn't resist my one liner. I meant it to be funny like the above post #4693 that the pinched line helped keep the brake shoes from wearing out. I knew fully what you meant and just expected everyone to know it was all in fun.
Sometimes they just don't get it!

cucvrus

Damaged the right rear quarter panel on the Crown of Thorns M1009. I was re-stacking a few cars and the pile fell over and hit the side of my truck. I was actually digging a stacked car out of the pile to get some parts from it and I pulled my M1009 down so I could work out of my tool box on the tailgate. And all was well till the last car was on top about 12 ft up and fell and knocked the back pile down. It just barely touched my truck but it did hit it about 6 inches above the gas fill door. No problem. No broken glass and no real harm done. I don't like it but I can live with it. It was a GMC truck that hit the M1009.

Another Ahab

Damaged the right rear quarter panel on the Crown of Thorns M1009. I was re-stacking a few cars and the pile fell over and hit the side of my truck. I was actually digging a stacked car out of the pile to get some parts from it and I pulled my M1009 down so I could work out of my tool box on the tailgate. And all was well till the last car was on top about 12 ft up and fell and knocked the back pile down. It just barely touched my truck but it did hit it about 6 inches above the gas fill door. No problem. No broken glass and no real harm done. I don't like it but I can live with it. It was a GMC truck that hit the M1009.

https://youtu.be/rqTMfNaxh10

cucvrus

I w3as thinking more along the line of an auxiliary brake fluid cooler mounted in the grille with its own fan. That would fit right up there with a power steering fluid cooler.

cucvrus

DSCF2226.jpgDSCF2227.jpgI moved a few of them around in the yard and raked leaves. I have been driving my car a lot lately. I am getting spoiled with all the luxury of a car. De Elegance is my new standard. And if things don't work out. I can always put the body on a M1009 frame and chassis. Maybe. Maybe NOT.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove up into the Olympic Mountains today to scout for our Christmas tree. At one point I spotted a sign on a tree about 500' up the hillside and decided to climb up there and see what it said. Dang. :-( I'm not 13 years old anymore, that was 40 years ago, it wasn't as easy as it used to be. I made it nevertheless, and it was anticlimactic once I got there.

Attachments

srodocker

Drove up into the Olympic Mountains today to scout for our Christmas tree. At one point I spotted a sign on a tree about 500' up the hillside and decided to climb up there and see what it said. Dang. :-( I'm not 13 years old anymore, that was 40 years ago, it wasn't as easy as it used to be. I made it nevertheless, and it was anticlimactic once I got there.
Defiantly have to meet up with you one day and take a drive up that way. Im wanting to do a ocean shores trip for lunch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks