• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of a sudden my left turn signal doesn't work. Works with the four-ways, but not with the stalk. I'll be puzzling that one now. Nothing like an old truck.

cucvrus

You have 2 flashers. 1 flasher serves the turn signals. The other serves the 4 way flashers. Before you get too excited check the flasher. Just switch the 2 . i think the lower one is the turn signals and the high 1 is the 4 ways. Give it a try and report back.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of a sudden my left turn signal doesn't work. Works with the four-ways, but not with the stalk. I'll be puzzling that one now. Nothing like an old truck.
If your right works but not the left, it's probably the switch. The switch is a cheap part but requires removing the steering wheel to fix. Not hard at all..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6kSNps1rPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5lURpXviM

Mine was funky, I pulled mine apart and cleaned it, then reseated a spring that came off.....

RobM36A2

Found the culprits of the shifting issue, looks like I have to get some vacuum lines..
The rubber divider thingy in the palm of my hand is rotten too, but in my opinion just a part that can be discarded, right?

17201430_1520318921336304_3514140599043176301_n.jpg

cucvrus

The block is NOT needed as long as the top line goes to the transmission and the bottom line goes to the vacuum pump. I would reuse the nylon reducers and just change the line/hoses. But some people like that block on the VCM. NOT needed your option. What is this new page look? Strange I hope not permanent. But change is good.

cucvrus

Looks like a good haul. I thought I was the only one that saved and removed transmission cooler lines. I always seem to be able to copy a new set when I have an original uncut set to use as a template. I can't believe how many CUCV's I found with rubber hose in the middle of the metal lines. I used my template lines on Terminus M1009. But I have made a few sets from scratch since then. Those look like nice original parts. Good job. How did you learn of the parts?

RobM36A2

The block is NOT needed as long as the top line goes to the transmission and the bottom line goes to the vacuum pump. I would reuse the nylon reducers and just change the line/hoses. But some people like that block on the VCM. NOT needed your option. What is this new page look? Strange I hope not permanent. But change is good.
That was my plan also, to replace the rubber and re-use the reducers. That block will be discarded, as it bends the line to the transmission too much.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed the obnoxious looking LED lights on the rear, and went with some lower profile models to blend in more...

Replaced the rear clearance lights (M1031) with LED.. Not the brightest, but cheap and effective.. Gotta climb on the hood tomorrow to replace the front ones.. :D

To ANYONE with an M1031...

INSPECT YOUR CLEARANCE LIGHT WIRING!!

I found 3 lamps where the solder terminals had snapped off, and were intermittently shorting out....

It takes a couple minutes and could save you a lot of headache...

Last edited:

bryfor

Gotta try to diagnose why my voltmeter stays on with key off tomorrow. I've been disconnecting my battery negative to get it to go off. Guess I will start with the voltmeter relay under the dash near the ashtray area. Anyone else ever have this prob? I would've opened a new thread but couldn't figure out how...even though I opened one before...just don't remember how. I only have a mobile...no home computer

CuCv M1008

Hello everyone, been away for awhile. We got 12 inches of snow the other day, Much better than last years 35. A few neighbors got stuck so I went to help them, The M1008 Did great in the unplowed spots. I wanted to test it to see just how good it was so I drove through the unplowed snow on the property, up and down hills and it just went right through. I bought the truck with the Hankook Dynapro's on it and I was really surprised how well they gripped in the snow.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My "wait" light was flashing at random intervals when driving/braking/hitting bumps.
Couldn't find the culprit, as I chased the wires, cleaned glowcard and terminals...

I did find a loose ground wire on the firewall, but can't seen to find where it used to be.. Probably on the engine..

Also joined in the carnaval parade here in The Netherlands.

View attachment 668880 View attachment 668881
Good to see another CUCV owner from the Netherlands on here! (I'm from Amersfoort).

Not very exciting, but I to add to the topic, I got my bed rails back from plating:

After:

IMG_20170227_112841.jpg

Before:

IMG_20161023_151647.jpg

When I'm going to paint the truck (after rust repair/removal) I want them black tho. Will have to epoxy-prime them from what i've heard? Truck will be desert tan with black bed rails, brush guard, bumpers, rims, sidebars. And while I'm at it, a 3" lift from ORD.

Chaski

Swapped out an injector with a failed nozzle. Mystery cheap Delphi injectors, not sure what caused it to fail. Had less than 10,000 miles on it.

IMG_1935.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks