• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Since you had the seat out......what was the purpose of the section of chain on the driver side front floor mount? assuming you had the section of chain present? I have the section of chain welded to the bottom of the seat front floor mount tab, and then of course no bolt to fasten the seat mount to the cab floor......not sure what's up with that.....

This was the first winter with my m1009 and with all the leaking into the cab from the fender vents and rear shell, I just knew I was going to have some floor rot under the rubber mat. I pulled it up, and used an angle grinder to remove the coating from the floor. I was pleasantly surprised to find only a couple holes, the biggest of which was about the size of a silver dollar. I patched up the holes, applied a coat of truck bed liner, laid down some carpet pad and finished her all off with this sweet carpeting that I found on Craigslist!View attachment 674993

Another Ahab

Since you had the seat out......what was the purpose of the section of chain on the driver side front floor mount? assuming you had the section of chain present? I have the section of chain welded to the bottom of the seat front floor mount tab, and then of course no bolt to fasten the seat mount to the cab floor......not sure what's up with that.....
Typically (as you describe it), the chain there is used as a theft-deterrent (with a pad-lock), to throw around the steering wheel and then lock it off.

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a bench seat from a CUCV pickup in my blazer using a seat base out of a 93 GMC truck. It bolts in using the stock mounting holes with some modifications. I am going to put a new bottom cover on a nicer seat I have and paint the base when I swap that one in.

Attachments

Your dash looks great.....is that new as well?

I put a bench seat from a CUCV pickup in my blazer using a seat base out of a 93 GMC truck. It bolts in using the stock mounting holes with some modifications. I am going to put a new bottom cover on a nicer seat I have and paint the base when I swap that one in.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Belt on my M1031 tossed itself..which took out the 2 other belts....Now...spares I keep on hand..no big deal..But %^&*....pouring down rain and hail 3 mins after I stop....cmon now...And , you basically have to take the power steering pump off to get it to route properly and adjust.....no real way around it... Said ^&*^ this...slapped one spare belt on which connects one of the alternators, water pump, and crank...Drove home with no 12V alt....no power steering..no power brakes.... fun times...

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would have been interesting to see the upgrade programs on these trucks if they had stayed in the system.
I'm sure a serpentine belt system would have definitely been one of them.

corvette9

Had new tires put on Dude yesterday. The old ones looked good but a close look showed they where dry rotted. Stock size for a 1028, 235 85 16 General Grabbers. Next project is to pull the ft hubs and replace ft u joints and spring bushings. There is nothing wrong with the u joints now but new ones can't hurt..

3jumpjeep

Belt on my M1031 tossed itself..which took out the 2 other belts....Now...spares I keep on hand..no big deal..But %^&*....pouring down rain and hail 3 mins after I stop....cmon now...And , you basically have to take the power steering pump off to get it to route properly and adjust.....no real way around it... Said ^&*^ this...slapped one spare belt on which connects one of the alternators, water pump, and crank...Drove home with no 12V alt....no power steering..no power brakes.... fun times...
It always seems things like this wait for the worst weather.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

The only good news there is:

- Now you got a story. :mrgreen::beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks