• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Another Ahab

Anything less, keep walking.

Good, solid, unmolested CUCVs are getting harder to find everyday.
Took me years to find the two really nice ones I have in long term storage.

So yes, it would take at least 12k for me to part with my daily driver M1008A1
If it was really clean, and in top maintenance, I bet you could double that and somebody somewhere might "bite". :shrugs::beer:

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already have .mil style tail lights (not chebby style) on my M1031...Debating on if I should get HMMWV buckets and flush mount them...I'd love the look but not sure about the lost cargo space.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already have .mil style tail lights (not chebby style) on my M1031...Debating on if I should get HMMWV buckets and flush mount them...I'd love the look but not sure about the lost cargo space.
I love the look of the lights recessed in buckets but can't swallow the loos of space. There is kind of a compromise. LED composites don't require the bowl on the back. By cutting a square hole, you only have slight intrusion (guessing an inch) and the 5 wires. Looking for a pic I took.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the interior panels and dash pad back in. I am looking for one of the light control switches if anyone can help me out

Here are the pics

This is the switch I need
IMG_2557.jpg

Interior pieces after SEM paint. The color looks darker in photos than it is in reality

IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG

Installed

IMG_2558.JPG
IMG_2560.JPG

And here is the kicker

IMG_2561.jpg

Get some shark bite tubing 1/2" and install on your striker. Doors close so much better. This idea I got from here in the past

Center console is painted and drying for 7 days before install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is picture of doner suburban center console. Picture is bad as my garage was dark

IMG_2562.jpg

Anyone know how to take apart the lock assembly? I have stared at but no luck yet. I need a new assembly

Replaced harmonic balancer, motor mounts, and belts.....Gates 7448 feels loose for power steering, but driver side alternator seems fine.....still need to adjust power steering pump out a bit?

Old balancer.jpgOld balancer 2.jpgOld balancer 3.jpgold mount.jpgold mount 3.jpgORD Motor Mount.jpgPS Belt.jpg

CUCVLOVER

I'm sorry to hear that, CUCVLOVER.

Hope you had a little fun up to the moment that she blew.
Not really no sir.
I was turning from a T in the road and did a little rubber burn not much and when it went into second (had stopped spinning) I heard a little pop and it was stuck in 2nd. I had first and second and nothing else. It would shudder really hard in reverse then it just stopped pulling in reverse all together. The fluid is black looking and not that old I changed it right before ga rally.

Time for a rebuild kit probably some TCI transmissions make it stronger and better than it was

computer54

Sorry about the trans.. I had to rebuild mine before I got to drive it. here in Nashville I had it done at AAMCO in madison and they did a very good job too. But if you want to do it yourself try monstertransmission and get a rebuild kit from them only 700.00 but you well need to get a Monster Torque Converter for it too. not part of price.

CUCVLOVER

Nah Kenny I'm gonna keep the th400 and later I will be adding a gear vendor overdrive box.

Computer 54 I'm probably going with a TCI rebuild kit and a new converter. My dad has rebuit transmissions before so we can do it. If needed we will get his buddy to come down who has been building transmissions for a long time.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been working on setup of m101 trailer bed sides, bows and cover onto m1008. It is still a work in progress but wanted to share what has been completed

IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2572.JPG
IMG_2574.JPG
IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2580.JPG

I have a few good members to thank on this project

1. Gimpyrobb for the sides
2. Tinstar for bow corners
3. Amgeneral for the idea and answering my questions related to his build
4. Commander Zout for yelling at me not to scratch his paint job
5. Ziggo for new 101 cover

Great team we have here everyone!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks