• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody mounted rear facing work lights to the cab on a m1009? Looking for pictures and ideas?

Pointers on sealing the mounting holes other than silicon and or orings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you use a high grade marine sealant, the bond/'waterproofness' will last longer than the truck.... Don't be afraid to drill, just be aware that it's a double walled roof... long bolts are your friend..

Last edited:

cucvrus

I would recommend using self tapping screws in the fiberglass top. I drill a 1/8" hole and used self tapping screws to mount high mount stop lights and an LED light bar on the rear roof area of an M1009. I also have a recessed LED license light in the M1009. I ran all the wires up from the bottom in the rear corner post. Fished the wire thru with mig wire. A bit tricky but doable. Even after 24 long necks. I remember it well. That rear corner area has more steel in it then one might realize. I have pictures some where if needed. The high mount brake light requires the wire to come right off the brake pedal wire. Or it will blink when the turn signals are on. It does flash when the 4 ways are on. Good Luck. Post some pictures.

3jumpjeep

If you use a high grade marine sealant, the bond/'waterproofness' will last longer than the truck.... Don't be afraid to drill, just be aware that it's a double walled roof... long bolts are your friend..
Long bolts and wide washers to spread the load. Marine sealant sounds good. I was going to mention RV sealants.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

peglegwillie

Fuel filter !!!

In tank pump removed when tank cleaned out. Replaced with in line pump on frame rail. Apparently it got hot and shut down.

Up date'. Fuel filter on frame rail after pump clogged,, had to by pass to get fuel to engine worked fuel filter on firewall should work going to replace bad filter. Finished trip picked up rolling ton frame 60' front. 14b rear plus all connections!!!

Last edited:

camok5

[QUOTE = CUCVLOVER; 2009045] La partie arrière du haut est la fibre de verre correcte? Donc ça va durer parce que nulle part où souder un support ou utiliser un aimant. Vous feriez probablement mieux de monter un peu sur le pare-chocs, puis avoir un jeu supplémentaire sur certains pôles, vous pouvez vous brancher là-bas quelque part que vous pouvez accrocher le pare-chocs. Ou si vous avez utilisé un support d'antenne de chaque côté à l'arrière qui pourrait fonctionner. [/ QUOTE]

like this bumper with working lamp ....

DSCN0056 (2).jpg

CUCVLOVER

[QUOTE = CUCVLOVER; 2009045] La partie arrière du haut est la fibre de verre correcte? Donc ça va durer parce que nulle part où souder un support ou utiliser un aimant. Vous feriez probablement mieux de monter un peu sur le pare-chocs, puis avoir un jeu supplémentaire sur certains pôles, vous pouvez vous brancher là-bas quelque part que vous pouvez accrocher le pare-chocs. Ou si vous avez utilisé un support d'antenne de chaque côté à l'arrière qui pourrait fonctionner. [/ QUOTE]

like this bumper with working lamp ....

View attachment 679047
I was thinking something exactly like that. Looks good man

camok5

I think the rear axle on the right side may be part of the problem he is trying to relay. Not a bad job on the caged bumper lights. Is a Red rear bumper required in France?
No need to be red it was a primer, Yes original axles C clips broke then the half shaft is output

Differential explodes DSCN0057.jpgDSCN0061.jpgDSCN0062.jpg

Today
Sans titre 4.jpg

cucvrus

Yes original axles C clips broke.

C clip still looks good to me. The center carrier/clutch section not so good. I have a complete new center carrier for the M1009. I have had it for years. Just the carrier. No ring or pinion. I also have a few complete rear axles in crates. France. Not sure but the shipping would be a killer for sure. I se you use your M1009 hard like I do also. What was the final fatal blow to the 10 bolt? Good Luck.

camok5

Yes original axles C clips broke.

C clip still looks good to me. The center carrier/clutch section not so good. I have a complete new center carrier for the M1009. I have had it for years. Just the carrier. No ring or pinion. I also have a few complete rear axles in crates. France. Not sure but the shipping would be a killer for sure. I se you use your M1009 hard like I do also. What was the final fatal blow to the 10 bolt? Good Luck.
It is equipped with the 14Bff and Dana60 with spartan, It has a lot of modification on it

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need some opinions and we have plenty on site. Trying to figure out right height for. 101 top

This is the original height.

Vote for 1 or 2

1. Leave alone and only put on when needed

2. Cut down 6" and have more streamlined with cab? I may take out some more of the uprights also

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics

IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2627.JPG
IMG_2631.JPG

I have a new camo top and this is not the cover I am going to use but it is an m101 for sizing

I also have to add 2 more bows and running to Home Depot for metal saw

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks