• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Chaski

Started rebuilding another NP208 to put under my rig. The old one decided to spring a pretty good leak out of the front output seal.

IMG_2601.jpg

computer54

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Doesthe NP208 have the plastic spacers on the forks. Mine does and now Ihave to put them in because some one did not do it , it jumps out ofgear and then your in neutral.[/FONT]

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed a shelf in my M1031 to fit jerry cans in there...have to remount it about 6" higher and paint the area.. Then I will not only be able to store 80 liters of fuel but using a super siphon I can empty a 5 gal can in less than 2 mins....unattended.....

Chaski

Doesthe NP208 have the plastic spacers on the forks. Mine does and now Ihave to put them in because some one did not do it , it jumps out ofgear and then your in neutral.
Yes, there are three on each fork... but you never know what you will find wrong till you open it up. I pulled one apart today that came out of a 60,000 mile CUCV that never saw the road after it was auctioned. It was missing the brass syncro (for lack of a better description) had one really worn fork and no magnet inside, along with couple other ground up parts.

computer54

great and this is on an 88 year truck and Mine is a 93 Chevy K1500 4 by 4 with a 6.2 l motor that I got from Govplanet and I have the Gov . PO for this truck too. but I need time to pull it and but the parts in too.

RobM36A2

Since the last time I was here:

Sold my M101 trailer with S-250 shelter to a guy who made a bid on it.
Last january he bid €1000.- for it and a few days ago I thought, what do I care, sell it.
Did have to clean it out and remove my trucks license plate, but he kept to his original bid.

Also made a flag holder on the truck. A buddy of mine gave me 2 poles he had on the bumper of his M35a2.
With a little effort I put 1 on a bracket next to the lightbar, then put a flag on it with the help of a small threaded rod.
The flagpole sits on a rubber bracket, so it can flex a bit. and yes, that is a golfball on top of it.

Now on the look-out for a small caravan to paint camo and tow behind the M1028.
Because of reasons, the caravan may not exceed 750kg fully loaded.
It is a road law here, anything under 750kg does not need a separate licenseplate and insurance.

Also on the look-out for trailer light buckets, as the bulb sockets from my towing light cable are corroded.

Some Pics:
Rear.jpg Pirate-flag.jpg

peglegwillie

Trip for ton frame

Posted more photos of T3 drove it to crab orchard Ky picked up rolling ton frame on tandem axle trailer barely fit after getting fuel filter repair near Mount Vernon Ave 13.5 mpg be better prepared for any more runs like this !!!
60 front 14b rear with complete springs some brake lines !

Last edited:

joshuak

I replaced the front leaf spring bushings with Energy Suspension Bushings (3.2105).

All 6 looked pretty sad.

IMG_2234.jpg

Also rebuilt and painted a couple of spare alternators. The rebuild kits were from member Tow4.

IMG_1999.jpg IMG_2210.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

joshuak

Hey, Joshua, sure hope everything is fine with you all!

Have you maybe got a pic of the new bushings?
Yes, all is well. Same good wishes for ya'll.

A picture of the new bushing would make sense wouldn't it? I must say I didn't take one, but will when I get home and will edit this post tomorrow.

Tomorrow is today.

IMG_2235.jpg

Last edited:

joeyaguirre21

Past couple of months

In the past couple of months I have installed a light bar, cab clearance lights, pulled the motor to reseal and do freeze plugs, painted the engine a tan color (wanted to do the detroit green but funds are tight) and compartment. As you can see in the pictures, hopefully they attached haha

Attachments

Another Ahab

In the past couple of months I have installed a light bar, cab clearance lights, pulled the motor to reseal and do freeze plugs, painted the engine a tan color (wanted to do the detroit green but funds are tight) and compartment. As you can see in the pictures, hopefully they attached haha
That's good clean work. Your rig looks great. [thumbzup]

joshuak

Post part numbers also if you would.
It will help others wanting to do the same thing.
Two posts above the one you quoted sir, part number and hyperlink to their online store queued up for the parts they offer for our K5.

I'll quote myself...

I replaced the front leaf spring bushings with Energy Suspension Bushings (3.2105).

All 6 looked pretty sad.

View attachment 679555

Also rebuilt and painted a couple of spare alternators. The rebuild kits were from member Tow4.

View attachment 679560 View attachment 679561

RobM36A2

Didn't do anything, just drove around, saw an old friend, chatted and asked him to be on the lookout for 2 new 33x12.5x16.5 tires.

Still contemplating if it was a good idea to sell the trailer with shelter combo..

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't do anything, just drove around, saw an old friend, chatted and asked him to be on the lookout for 2 new 33x12.5x16.5 tires.

Still contemplating if it was a good idea to sell the trailer with shelter combo..
That trailer combo is very desirable and a tough find here in the US, let alone where you are.
Unless in dire need of cash, I would not have parted with it.

RobM36A2

Is a M101 tough to find there? And an S250 shelter?

the reasons for selling were:
-I don't use it very often, more like a spare shed.
-No room to stand up straight.
-Sleeping area too small in width, was afraid I would roll off.
-The weight(distribution) of the combo was not of my likings.
-Little outside light coming in
-The small confinde space does not allow for a couple of people to sit inside and play some cards, in the event of rain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks