• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

For those that have replaced the bench seat bottom cover......I'm trying to get the seat belt cut outs/trim pieces to sit flat in the foam padding, which I'm also replacing.

My question is: should the snap trim piece on the back of the seat cover (see black piece in the pic, white piece was the OEM) come from under the seat foam pad to snug the seat belt cut outs down into the foam? Or does the black snap trim piece stay affixed right under the seat cover to the gray channel piece, as it is now in the pic?

Seat belt trim ring.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_6397.jpgIMG_6395.jpgIMG_6399.jpgIMG_6398.jpg
Brand new GM door seals for my daily driver M1008A1
Will install hopefully this weekend.
They arrived today.

Old ones are decent, just want new ones.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine's been sitting in the driveway for the last two weeks while we vacationed at Bellows AFS in Hawaii. Wrangled another beachfront cabin- 60' from the surf. While there we watched the Army drop and pick up soldiers in the surf down the beach. I didn't take any pictures of the military vehicles; they didn't seem like they wanted us doing that, but I got some pictures of the Osprey and some choppers.

I haven't tried to start it but confidence is 95% it will; it always does.

Attachments

Chaski

Put a sleeve on the front output flange of my transfer case.

I was going to fix the leak by swapping cases but plans to do that were foiled by the lack of one bushing to install in my spare transfer case. At least this way I won't be dripping oil everywhere I go, and I will have more time to put the other transfer case together.

Also thinking of getting a M1009... maybe.

IMG_2710.jpg
IMG_2708.jpgIMG_2707.jpg

rustystud

Put a sleeve on the front output flange of my transfer case.

I was going to fix the leak by swapping cases but plans to do that were foiled by the lack of one bushing to install in my spare transfer case. At least this way I won't be dripping oil everywhere I go, and I will have more time to put the other transfer case together.

Also thinking of getting a M1009... maybe.

View attachment 681280
View attachment 681279View attachment 681278
There is nothing wrong in using a "speedi-sleeve" . It has been a normal fix for decades and a permanent one at that. Just keep running your old transfer-case now that the leak has stopped.

cucvrus

I had a left turn signal on Crown of Thorns M1009 that was intermittently inoperable. It would work fine on the 4 ways but the left turn was dim on the left rear only. I switched flashers and then the 4 way would act the same way as the turn signals. I switched both flashers and eliminated the entire issue. It seems a flasher was causing the issue. Which one I did not care. I replaced them both with electronic flashers and done away with the problem. I also had a right rear side marker lamp that was inoperable. I tried to repair the wiring it was bad inside the plug at the rear sill. i replaced the entire right tail lamp harness and discarded the old one. I am getting it ready for the annual Pennsylvania safety inspection. I take it right to the dealer. Safety inspections are something I do not skimp on. It is a Diesel so it is exempt from emissions.DSCF2889.jpg

joeyaguirre21

So glow plug solenoid went out a while back replaced wih new one and it was getting hot and went out. So i replaced it again and its still getting hot. So i have my main power on a big stud the glow plugs on the other big stud and the pink with black strip wire on the switch side and the green wite on the ignition side. After running or driving it for a while it still stays hot and i have power all the way around which i know i ssould not have. Please help20170602_170056.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks