• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Mg84648

CUCVRUS would be proud! After I had my IP redone and put in a new glow plug card, which fixed my hard starting issues, I removed the manual glow plug push button and fast idle toggle switch added by the previous owner. I then removed the electric fuel pump and installed a new mechanical pump.
I think the previous owner spent just as much time and money working around the actual problems than if he had just fixed them outright!

FrankenCub

Decided I better fix the hole in the floor to keep my wife happy, was rotted out where the chem detector was located. That whole side of the floor has taken a lot of abuse from something eating away at the metal. Sealed the repair piece in with 3M 5200 and plenty of rivets so it should be fine for our use.

20170710_221951.jpg

Found a nice little trinket while I was cleaning out the remaining bucket of sand, someone lost their bars :)
I think they will stay with the truck, maybe name it Corporal Carnage. My wife says it's killing the bank account lol.

20170710_222121.jpg

RobM36A2

The seal in the transfercase is fixed last saturday.
The transercase lost almost no fluid, so that was a big plus. The seal just went bad, for as far we could see.
I did have to change it out myself, but hey, saved me a lot of euro's in labor costs.

cucvrus

Yeah, that is pretty grimy ! Looks like it has been leaking gear oil on it for awhile.
Welcome back Buddy. Glad you chimed in. It seems like a few of us are shunned from time to time. Oh well. Rustystud want to go wheeling with us this weekend. A long haul for you but I have an extra seat in Terminus M1009. You know them guys that can go and at the last minute they can't? I knew one guy wasn't going when his Wife gave me a dirty look at church. Right after he told me he had a family event to attend. LOL. Take care and have a great day.

cucvrus

It's just me. But I throw a new set of hardware and self adjusters at everyone I rebuild the first time around. Not worth the time and effort. Probably why I have 2 5 gallon buckets of brake hardware. I still dig thru it once in a while when I or a friend needs something. Other then that it retains scrap steel value. Good Luck. Have a great day.

LT67

It's just me. But I throw a new set of hardware and self adjusters at everyone I rebuild the first time around. Not worth the time and effort. Probably why I have 2 5 gallon buckets of brake hardware. I still dig thru it once in a while when I or a friend needs something. Other then that it retains scrap steel value. Good Luck. Have a great day.
Everything was replaced except for the drums.... a run to the machine shop and they were good to go.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my starter bolts broke off. :( Ordered new ones + a couple spares. When they arrive I'll install the Jeep XJ steering shaft I bought as well.

Just brought home some new military Wranglers (37x12.50 R16.5) for a good price!

IMG_20170713_115216.jpg

Tires won't go on until I get a lift kit installed tho! Except for when the annual inspection comes around, or it won't pass. :-D

rustystud

Welcome back Buddy. Glad you chimed in. It seems like a few of us are shunned from time to time. Oh well. Rustystud want to go wheeling with us this weekend. A long haul for you but I have an extra seat in Terminus M1009. You know them guys that can go and at the last minute they can't? I knew one guy wasn't going when his Wife gave me a dirty look at church. Right after he told me he had a family event to attend. LOL. Take care and have a great day.
I would love to go wheeling with you anytime ! To bad your clear on the other side of the continent though. :sad:
My wife always gives me dirty looks in church ! Usually because I'm sleeping through the sermon. :shrugs:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks