• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received notice that the CUCV winter front has already been shipped and will be here Thursday.

Now thats service!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The other day I changed the plow truck over to a spin on fuel filter setup and installed new rubber fuel lines to the filter as well.
It had recently started leaking fuel out the inspection cover underneath and I was hoping it was a bad rubber hose feeding the injection pump, but a closer look showed it was leaking out the throttle shaft. So today my brother and I took all that apart and changed out the o rings. Not a terrible job and there is plenty of room to do it without pulling the IP. Hopefully the rest of the IP is in better shape.
IMG_1740.jpgIMG_1743.jpg
On another note the engine rebuild tag under the intake manifold says it's bored 0.75 over.:shock:
IMG_1741.jpg

cucvrus

IMHO. Avoid the inevitable. I look at throttle shaft seals like water pump seals. When they start leaking I never changed a water pump seal. And technically you could with a press. Get my point. The end is near. On a truck I depend on for plowing it would fail in the biggest snow storm. That has been my experience with things. GOOD Luck and Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

There is not much that can be done to figure out how to write 0.075 as a fraction, except to literally use what the decimal portion of your number, the .075, means. Since there are 3 digits in 075, the very last digit is the "1000th" decimal place. So we can just say that .075 is the same as 075/1000

A normal human hair is approximately 0.003 inch to 0.005 inch in diameter.

That thing is barely bored at all. Not sure you would even notice if you put stock pistons and rings in it. Is it a Tooele rebuild?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
There is not much that can be done to figure out how to write 0.075 as a fraction, except to literally use what the decimal portion of your number, the .075, means. Since there are 3 digits in 075, the very last digit is the "1000th" decimal place. So we can just say that .075 is the same as 075/1000

That thing is barely bored at all. Not sure you would even notice if you put stock pistons and rings in it. Is it a Tooele rebuild?
The joke is that it doesn't say .075 it says 0.75, or 3/4". 0.075 would put it at the factory bore for a 6.5 engine.
Yes it is a Tooele "Pride and quality" rebuild. That's one reason I won't put a lot of money into the engine itself, I had another m1028 with one, it didn't last too long and I've never heard a good thing about them.

joshuak

I added rust proofing to my '09s PMCS. Followed the directions in chapter 6 of the Army's TB 43-0213. As a rustproofing compound I used Fluid Film, which I purchased as a kit from here. I upgraded to the pro gun because I wanted the extension wand with 360 nozzle. Used a full gallon, leaving a wet layer of about 3mm thick, sprayed at 80 psi. FF website recommends between 3 and 4 mm.

Drilled or enlarged existing about 16 1/2" holes, which after plugging looked like this:

IMG_2624.jpg

And a pic. of the rear wheel well.

IMG_2625.jpg

joshuak

So have you used fluid film before?
Not in an automotive application. I found a few cans squirreled away at work a few months ago and used them on some cabinets that are exposed to corrosive environment and so far have been happy with the results, doing this made me aware of smell and consistency after applying. Also, I found mostly decent reviews online, so it was worth a chance to me.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have heard that 5/4 of the population does not understand fractions....

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ALT + 0188 = ¼
ALT + 0189 = ½
ALT + 0190 = ¾

You have to use the number pad not the row of numbers at the top of the keyboard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks