• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Volvo740turbo

I would be careful of any used engines. I have a 1986 M1028 engine that had 10K miles on it. I have it since 1998 and still would not sell it with a warranty. It is a 30 year old engine. I know it is good but it seems every time I sell a 6.2 someone wants to turn the fuel up or add a turbo and when things go south in 6 months the blame comes back on me. Any used engine at this age is susceptible to worn seals and other unknow problems. It should at minimum have the heads pulled and checked and all new seals and gaskets. The bottom end is the strong part. The head gaskets and heads are the weakest link. Good Luck.
I have a few good 6.2 engines but mileage between us keeps us from making a deal. I also have a couple core 6.2J engines and blocks. If you get this way sometime we could get together. Good Luck.
He would be upset im sure if i did that before i made the purchase... i personally would rather see the insides but if it were me selling it i probably would get mad if someone asked me for the same favor

HASSON1911

Need to read up how to fix my speedometer that goes in literal circles and tear my steering colum apart since I have no blinkers or high/low beam. Anyone with input would be appreciated.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed the MIP floor mat from LMC Truck. Disappointed with the process, I think that for the money it should more form fitted than it is. You'd be better off getting something similar from your local home improvements store and cut it out yourself than buying this.

cucvrus

Need to read up how to fix my speedometer that goes in literal circles and tear my steering colum apart since I have no blinkers or high/low beam. Anyone with input would be appreciated.
Hi/Lo beam is probably the Hi/Lo beam switch. Turn signals could be as easy as the flasher missing from the fuse box. Check it out. The fuse box should have 2 flashers. Good Luck. I have a GM turn signal switch in the box. Not brand new but darn near as new as it gets. It was switched out by another mechanic and all that was wrong was the flasher was bad. Report back on your findings. Speedometer head is bad. How many miles do you have on the truck. I have several speedo heads and may have one that is darn close to the mileage you have. While you are at it pull the speedo cable from up top. lube the cable and reinstall the inner cable.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stopped by the parts store for some tranny fluid. While I was inside a bum smashed the front of my radiator. Don't know why. Had my wife bring me the radiator from my M1008 tgat was sitting in the garage. 3 hours later and I'm up and running again. No sign of the sheriff I called but they are probably busy with more important issues. 20191028_082323.jpg

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the frame loaded on a trailer. Took about 2 hours by myself... clearing the way took most of the time then it was simply using scaffolding pipes and axle stands to lift it up and push the trailer underneath.

IMG_20191028_171538.jpg

Waiting for another quote for getting it media blasted and sprayed with epoxy primer before I decide where to have it done.

MarcusOReallyus

Installed the MIP floor mat from LMC Truck. Disappointed with the process, I think that for the money it should more form fitted than it is. You'd be better off getting something similar from your local home improvements store and cut it out yourself than buying this.

That's pretty bad. Thank you for posting this, as a warning to the rest of us.

HASSON1911

Hi/Lo beam is probably the Hi/Lo beam switch. Turn signals could be as easy as the flasher missing from the fuse box. Check it out. The fuse box should have 2 flashers. Good Luck. I have a GM turn signal switch in the box. Not brand new but darn near as new as it gets. It was switched out by another mechanic and all that was wrong was the flasher was bad. Report back on your findings. Speedometer head is bad. How many miles do you have on the truck. I have several speedo heads and may have one that is darn close to the mileage you have. While you are at it pull the speedo cable from up top. lube the cable and reinstall the inner cable.
Appreciate it, it's around 36k miles I'd love to take one off your hands, pm sent!

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced Alt 1, all belts, and the harmonic balancer. The charging system is now to the high end of green and the belt squealing has stopped. The crank pulley still has a little wave to it but nothing like before.

HASSON1911

Haha didn't have time to add them!

More than okay with it actually, as much as I like these trucks I do actually like my wife more... Don't let her know that though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks