Steel Soldiers now has an offical calendar available, read more about it at: Steel Soldiers 2021 calendar
That's what the rear 5' are for. On the plus side it has the extendable pintle.Keep in mind before you scrap the chassis; sections of chassis rail can be beneficial to anyone adding an extension to end of their rig to accommodate a slightly longer than OEM bed... camper box
Have you tried using the wipers yet? I replaced all mine with beam blades like that, and they don't wipe the window well at all.New glad hans on all 4 corners. Philips brand. Front: easy. Rear: PITA through frame fittings seized. Some schedule 40 zinc fittings present. Upgraded windshield
wiper blades to PIAA silicone. Previous wipers went bad very fast. Silicone will last around 10 years. Working on replacing washer lines in wiper blades tonight.
View attachment 784564View attachment 784565View attachment 784566View attachment 784567View attachment 784568
Have you tried using the wipers yet? I replaced all mine with beam blades like that, and they don't wipe the window well at all.
I'm about done stripping this M1078A1 down for parts. She suffered heavy damage to the cab while in service and was slowly picked for parts while in DRMO. At the end of the day I'll have a nice low mile C7 engine, full harnesses, etc as spares. I may make this my test engine for running higher hp packages. Oddly the block ID tag says 275 hp but the valve cover says 330 hp. When I plug into it next week I'll know what the factory really programmed them at.
Any update?BUMP! I got in my new-to-me M1078A1. I took a gamble on a non-runner from a local source. It came out of the 3-1 Assault Helicopter Battalion from Knox shows the log book. Last date was 06 June 16 so it's a fairly recent release from service. Even the annual service was due 4/13/17 which makes me feel better about it not sitting around. The log shows all "Go" marks except for one tail light in-op. I had the truck hauled home to be on the safe side both due to safety and the likely trouble with an A1. The batteries were dead, had a full tank of fuel but no prime (typical bad primer), and found the cab's hydraulic jack leak too. Luckily the wrecker came in handy after a little priming for the safety latch to release. After a quick prime and slave she turned over but no-start. I'll be getting back after the holiday to plug in a diagnostic reader to see what's up. By then I'll have fresh (or recovered) batteries for it among other things. My helper learned a thing or two too.
We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!