• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Ryan31783

Have been working on upfitting my wildland rig for comfort and convenience. Working on a center console, built an interior and overhead console, carpeted it, and fabbed up a cab air ride system with more travel and some adjustability.IMG_1030.jpeg

Attachments

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder the drivability with a 6x6 , having lockers in both rears. I have tight corners around here.
@ckouba has them in both of the rears of his M1088 chassis and has nothing but positive things to say. I've driven his truck and I don't notice any behavior of any kind from the lockers on pavement or in tight corners. They may as well not be there from that perspective.

coachgeo

How much did you score those little bad boys for?
you can get that type Locker for around same or less from Bryce Wasielak. He has sold hundreds of them with out anyone having issues.

You wont need one in both rear axles. one of them is fine. IMHO do the middle axle so you scrub tires less with it in the rear axle. Granted install in middle axle is more difficult. Bryce can give you ton of info on that. He drove all over the country for a while installing them for people.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@ckouba has them in both of the rears of his M1088 chassis and has nothing but positive things to say. I've driven his truck and I don't notice any behavior of any kind from the lockers on pavement or in tight corners. They may as well not be there from that perspective.

Can confirm... Didn't do too much driving prior to the install but don't notice anything with them in. Except that I had one small, local, slippery pile of dirt that I struggled to get over prior to the install. Once they were in, I went back and just drove over it. No monkey business.

I also just logged my first real mileage on sand and the truck was fantastic. Not sure if that was because of lockers, airing down, etc... but I was still glad to have them.

As an aside, Bruce told me he has a customer with a front locker too. No issues. He said he'd do it too.

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can confirm... Didn't do too much driving prior to the install but don't notice anything with them in. Except that I had one small, local, slippery pile of dirt that I struggled to get over prior to the install. Once they were in, I went back and just drove over it. No monkey business.

I also just logged my first real mileage on sand and the truck was fantastic. Not sure if that was because of lockers, airing down, etc... but I was still glad to have them.

As an aside, Bruce told me he has a customer with a front locker too. No issues. He said he'd do it too.
Front huh? That's intriguing. My previous truck with a front locker acted weird with hubs engaged but those were much smaller tires and shorter wheelbase.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
can confirm function with lockers on intermediary.
But guess which axle eats off tires faster than the others?
yep, the middle one. I try to take Wiiiiiiiiiiiide turns on pavement.
FYI I have the LWB

Last edited:

coachgeo

can confirm function with lockers on intermediary. I wouldn’t be without it now.
FYI I have the LWB
makes logical sense..... and IMHO if locker was in rear axle; that set of tires would end up wearing the most, but having worn even more than what you have experienced. thus far. but that is only speculation and a debate for other threads on something like: "Which axle in a 6x6 for locker placement?". (which actually already exist in here)

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you can get that type Locker for around same or less from Bryce Wasielak. He has sold hundreds of them with out anyone having issues.

You wont need one in both rear axles. one of them is fine. IMHO do the middle axle so you scrub tires less with it in the rear axle. Granted install in middle axle is more difficult. Bryce can give you ton of info on that. He drove all over the country for a while installing them for people.

I've been studying this thing a little. I'm familiar with the EZ locker or lunch-box locker in a pickup but never used a DL before. Now that I took it apart, operation seems obvious and BP. Shocked that the all-knowing DoD opted to install LBCDs in these trucks but not a DL in the rear at least. I'm might get another one for the front🤔. I FM'd Bryce. I wasn't previously aware of his efforts.

Attachments

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
can confirm function with lockers on intermediary. I wouldn’t be without it now.
FYI I have the LWB
Too me, that pretty much proves it's locking on pavement around turns. I have lwb too. I have to 3 point to get out of my driveway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks