• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted the M1078 this weekend. I'm surprised how easy it was despite more nooks n' crannies to get into. I'll peel it this coming weekend and take more pics.

2018-05-05 14.46.33.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say looking good but it's tan.
Good job but it's tan.
The only thing to make it better is green.

Plasa

How did you prepare the old painting? I'm near to get my M1078 and need also to repaint it...

Thanks from Italy!
Christian

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No knock the loose suff off.
Sand if you want a slick non original military truck.
To keep it original even leave the runs in it.

Crapgame

I bought a Harbor Freight power washer on sale plus used a 20% off coupon, to degrease/wash Mad Max prior to Desert Tan Behr Marquee painting.

I couldn't find Shell 5606H Hydraulic Cherry Juice anywhere in the county so I had to mailorder some from Aircraft Spruce in twist top bottles. I'm working on a hydraulic line diagram using the 24P manual then I need to hand trace each line to see where I fornicated vertically my manifold exchange.

scottmandu

Check the engine/trans mounts, I've bought a few rollovers and all had busted brackets, busted rubber mounts, and the frames that hold the trans/engine were twisted.

coachgeo

could something heavy in the bed slid forward into the cab on a hard breaking... or bottom of hill at speed when hit the trough, while off road ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks