• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's more to come. He still has 2 rotating beacons to go. I think Ken was afraid of the dark when he was a wee child.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are so funny.
The next person who don't dim his head lights will go home with a sunburn lol

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a HEMTT in the mud!

https://youtu.be/fggZg4-REq0

Here's one more video >>

https://youtu.be/14RbUbqfrsQ

Linking this stuff over from the TX Rally thread, thanks Mike! Overall the HEMTT was great on power, handling, and traction. A little rough of a ride on those potholes but what MV isn't, right? The only thing that stopped me from leveling everything was the fear of bottoming out the fuel tank on the crest of those hills and finding the limit of the vehicle..which was me. The loud banging in the video was the crane wiggling a little, I should tighten the cable down more next time.

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lock in that interaxle lock. That mud hole wouldn't even have been a hindrance that way!
Unfortunately it's either 8x8 or the interaxle lock and since I was bigger than the hole it didn't matter much either way, I'm sure I could have made it through with regular drive. I just needed a little momentum to flatten the opposing wall (literally a vertical wall) of the mud pit, which was mostly clay, with the front guard haha!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks