• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

Another Ahab

Well, I haven't been on in ages, and I didn't do this today (it was a few weeks ago). But I finally got the engine off the floor of my garage and transferred to the shop for tear down. Only took 18 months...baby steps.
But you finally got to it. So it goes in the plus column:

- That's progress. :naner:[thumbzup]

Hoefler

20160611_150758.jpg20160611_150717.jpg
Replaced transmission, put engine back in (only to discover it has stuck rings), new springs, sand blasted and painted frame and body. Put in one new seat and got it running. Was ARMY jeep-no rust. Had firefighting stuff on it when I got it from Sparta. Body is clean but banged up.
Pete

Bravo2Uniform

Today I Found This On My M38A1

Hidden under four coats of paint - the serial number. Did not expect to find it. Also Learned this is a replacement hood - there is another serial number below this one.

DSC_0004_SMALL.jpgDSC_0005_SMALL.jpg

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a nice long Club ride and just a tad of MUD if you wanted to, yes it was fun, but the cleaning is never fun. Two full washes and it's still dirty! So much for the shine! :-D Our goal was never a trailer queen, we want that right out of the Motor Pool look! Nothing like a JEEP!

Bravo2Uniform

Painted a Test Patch

Couldn't wait, wanted to see how the paint color looked. From the patches showing through, there's still a lot more sanding to be done. Still, it's motivational to see what it will look like.

DSC_0016 (2) - Small.jpg

Another Ahab

View attachment 629765
Replaced transmission, put engine back in (only to discover it has stuck rings), new springs, sand blasted and painted frame and body. Put in one new seat and got it running. Was ARMY jeep-no rust. Had firefighting stuff on it when I got it from Sparta. Body is clean but banged up.
Pete
I meant to tell you, Hoefler; that's an excellent looking paint job. [thumbzup]

Saberr

Got my transmission and transfer painted and installed, i have almost mostly rebuilt my whole wire harness. Got half my clutch done, waiting for other parts, go figure, parts were going to use are too warn.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed
the distributor system to the waterproof version and installed the correct air cleaner!
20160701_113611.jpgBefore
20160703_173804.jpg After

Bravo2Uniform

Out of primer

Started with the primer today. My first time painting a vehicle, first time with a sprayer, first time with filler primer...lots of firsts. Going to have to sand the primer considerably in several places where I didn't have the sprayer adjusted properly; used two quarts of filler primer in about 5 minutes. Way too heavy a coat and that stuff is apparently made by Bavarian gnomes out of children's tears and eagle feathers - it is tres expensive. However, I am a lot more knowledgeable today than yesterday, so it is all good.

DSC_0018-2016-07-04_110018_small.jpgDSC_0019-2016-07-04_110022_small.jpg

Another Ahab

Started with the primer today. My first time painting a vehicle, first time with a sprayer, first time with filler primer...lots of firsts. Going to have to sand the primer considerably in several places where I didn't have the sprayer adjusted properly; used two quarts of filler primer in about 5 minutes. Way too heavy a coat and that stuff is apparently made by Bavarian gnomes out of children's tears and eagle feathers - it is tres expensive. However, I am a lot more knowledgeable today than yesterday, so it is all good.
Good thing you didn't buy the Bavarian Gnome premium primer:
- That stuff is made out of children's feathers and eagle tears and is even MORE expensive. :mrgreen::naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks