• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

Bravo2Uniform

As my Dad used to say....

It's been so hot here in Atlanta that I just haven't had the willpower to work on Murphy at all. That ends tonight. I'm doing something even if it's wrong! My Dad used to say that to me when I was a kid to get me moving during times of intransigence. Still works, too.

Another Ahab

It's been so hot here in Atlanta that I just haven't had the willpower to work on Murphy at all. That ends tonight. I'm doing something even if it's wrong! My Dad used to say that to me when I was a kid to get me moving during times of intransigence. Still works, too.
That lesson was drummed into me too as a construction project manager; when you got a project with a hundred or more tradesmen going full tilt, the last thing you ever want to do is say "Stop!"

Keep it moving.

Saberr

I tore my engine down and took it to machine shop. Getting piston cylinders bored, and crank ground. Washed all my engine parts, put them on shelf. I then backed into shelf and knocked all my pistons onto ground, every head needs replacing now :(. Tomorrow i repair my steering wheel.

Another Ahab

I tore my engine down and took it to machine shop. Getting piston cylinders bored, and crank ground. Washed all my engine parts, put them on shelf. I then backed into shelf and knocked all my pistons onto ground, every head needs replacing now . Tomorrow i repair my steering wheel.
You're not the first, so I sure hope you don't let it get to you.

good deed.jpg

Saberr

No, i'm not. Its just irritating and an added expense. Fortuitously they not bad on expensive to replace. Also once the cylinders are bored, i may have needed a new piston size anyways.

Bravo2Uniform

Back on the Project

Got myself motivated and back on the project. I was really timid about having to bend or re-bend my own vacuum lines...so I procrastinated.

Got the vacuum lines 80% installed - waiting on an oil line so I can re-install fuel / vacuum pump and complete vacuum system.

Installed propeller shafts, too.

I'm looking at a late October or early November finish if I can keep up the pace. My goal is to drive my son to school in the M38A1 on his birthday - Friday, 21 OCT 16.

Gotta stay motivated!

Another Ahab

Got myself motivated and back on the project. I was really timid about having to bend or re-bend my own vacuum lines...so I procrastinated.

Got the vacuum lines 80% installed - waiting on an oil line so I can re-install fuel / vacuum pump and complete vacuum system.

Installed propeller shafts, too.

I'm looking at a late October or early November finish if I can keep up the pace. My goal is to drive my son to school in the M38A1 on his birthday - Friday, 21 OCT 16.

Gotta stay motivated!
10-4 on that , Bravo2Uniform; it's the same with me. I will procrastinate and procrastinate and take on other easier projects, if there's a problem I got to deal with and I'm not sure how to tackle it.

Inevitably, once I get started it'll only be a small delay to getting up to speed and getting it done. But the thought of it will typically hold me up.

Goofy and silly of me, but I can tell you it always happens. :cookoo::shrugs:

Bravo2Uniform

10-4 on that , Bravo2Uniform; it's the same with me. I will procrastinate and procrastinate and take on other easier projects, if there's a problem I got to deal with and I'm not sure how to tackle it.

Inevitably, once I get started it'll only be a small delay to getting up to speed and getting it done. But the thought of it will typically hold me up.

Goofy and silly of me, but I can tell you it always happens. :cookoo::shrugs:
Are we related?

Bravo2Uniform

Eyes! Bumper and pintle Hitch! Vacuum System! Gremlins!

I have been blessed with a productive streak and parts availability (thanks in large part to Matt @ QTM Parts).

The right and proper headlights were delivered and went in with only a modicum of fuss.

DSC_0003-2016-08-20_110007.jpg

To the rear, I was able to attach the bumper and pintle hitch. I just don't have the skill yet to rivet, so until I do, I'm going with grade 8 bolts. Have had a time finding the correct bumperettes. No one has them! Finally found a pair on eBay and I snatched them up quickly. Still have one strap to put on the muffler.

DSC_0004-2016-08-20_110126.jpg

I have all the vacuum system bent and ready to finish, just waiting on the long oil line. Finally found a 90[SUP]o[/SUP] fitting that was threaded correctly for the block and hose fitting.

DSC_0005-2016-08-20_110140.jpg

The scary part is coming next - wiring up the 24V system. Have the harness and finally found the voltage regulator to harness cable - ready to take that hill next. I guess I'm scared because my last project was an M1009 CUCV and the electrical system was just infested with Gremlins.

PatchZ.UNK.Gremlin.AAC.SubDepot.LEATHER.JPG

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the Jeep Jam in Blackstone MA Sat, post is late because my phone died! A nice 3 generartion photo!
20160820_134635.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks