• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your M-37 lately?

maxim

Some nice weather allowed the box, tailgate, fenders, window frame to get some paint. This truck was REALLY bad. But, I elected to repair and rebuild nearly all the body parts with patches and in some instances, a sledge hammer. I can be satisfied at least it was saved from the scrapper. It is a Sept. 1951 build date.

Attachments

CGarbee

Mine is covered in detail at:
1953 Dodge M37

I need to update the info on the XM708 restoration, and to update the transmission info on the Cummins powered M37, but you'll get the gist of things... :)

Carter

I noticed one of the wheel cyls was leaking so I ordered 4 new ones, pulled all wheels, drums, removed the old ones and cleaned everything. Painted the new cyls and newly cleaned parts. Cleaned and lubed the adjusters following the manual. Installed everythng then adjusted the shoes at 4 feeler gauge locations, put it all together and bled the system. Nice high pedal, took a test run, stopped smoothly with no side pull or wheel lock-up.

Attachments

70deuce

Running chassis up on jack stands. After a complete engine rebuild, she started right up. I'm running a 12 volt electric pump for now. I have run the the whole rig in gear in all modes and gears with the transfer case and transmission. The only leak I have is a little seapage from the rear pinion seal. Sure does sound good. Cab work is next. Its a 1951 model found down the street by my wife who claims it when its done. It had a spun main bearing otherwise a complete oval window hardtop truck.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep the pics coming on this one 70 Deuce that is going to one beautiful 37 when you are done, Very nice work, my first MV was a 52 M-37 I have a 71 Deuce that I restored but I still miss my 37!!!
KK

M-37Bruce

I have been stalled by a work injury, slowly getting back into it, working on the drivers side of my windshield, fabbing a chase for the wiper/vac line. I'll try and get a pic!
These are the before pic's as well as a paper/card template

Attachments

STSCSS

Been fixing frost plugs fuel problems and wiring. Added to the herd a donor ( 52 w/w found on e-flay) that upon closer inspection turns out to be a "simple" restoration with all the spares I have. Will post once I get some better pics check out the threads I have.

Nickathome

Absolutely nothing in the past few months. I recently bought a Cessna 150 and all my time now is spent playing with that toy. My truck is for sale, however I'm contemplating keeping it....Oh, I did start it up and let it run for a while last week.....I have run it in the garage about once a month jus tto keep things lubricated and free turning.

68t

Watson, the m37 is looking good with the metal top. I thing all the m37 are looking great.Thanks for all the great pictures. :beer:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning guys In looking at the M-37 pics here I have to say that some of this stuff is absolutely pure craftsmanship in every way, I know the amount of work that you guys are putting into these trucks and they are beautiful! It makes ME very proud to be associated with the people that make up this website, TRULY Proud!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks