• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MTVR today?

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can’t seem to catch a break lately with rain, but spent 4 hours today doing a final test fit and tacking up the home made beveled C channel, followed by a single root pass and 2 caps to cover. Man a 30% duty cycle sucks at times; luckily the MEP802A powering my welder never complains and runs efficiently.

Going to break the tack on the top piece, do a little grinding and move it higher until flush w/bottom of side plate [ channel. Prime it, and throw a fresh coat of BEHR exterior house paint on itView attachment 792986
View attachment 792987
View attachment 792988

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking welds. I practice gorilla welding.

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And another thing I did, was repair the cargo cover I got used. The cover looks good on the truck but there were some areas that were thin and also there were some small holes. So I used the spray rubber stuff to fill in the thin areas and I sprayed a bunch on the holes so that water will not get in. I used Flexseal but Henry's and Rustoleum also make it.

View attachment 787918
Just a note about this fix. It has been about a year and a half since I sprayed the rubber stuff on my cargo cover and now the rubber has turned hard and is flaking off. So this is not a long lasting fix but for a year it kept the rain out. This time I am trying the clear version of Flexseal to see if it lasts longer.

TheDrashStash

Just a note about this fix. It has been about a year and a half since I sprayed the rubber stuff on my cargo cover and now the rubber has turned hard and is flaking off. So this is not a long lasting fix but for a year it kept the rain out. This time I am trying the clear version of Flexseal to see if it lasts longer.
Use HH-66 vinyl cement, and you won't have to fix it again. It's what I use on all my tents

Nomadic

Now that, I don’t know. But I will say the rear squatted a little

It does sit a tiny bit but there is probably several thousand pounds on the hitch. It would be fun to put 30,000 pounds in the bed and drive it around like that just to try it out and see what it is like.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Recovered a M353 and an MTVR BII kit, unfortunately the brake shoes were dragging on the trailer. Found out after driving 1/2 mile and stopping to check hub temps (just bought at auction) and found them warm. Grabbed a wrench and backed them off real quick and off we went! IMG_5774.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg
IMG_5777.jpg

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovered a M353 and an MTVR BII kit, unfortunately the brake shoes were dragging on the trailer. Found out after driving 1/2 mile and stopping to check hub temps (just bought at auction) and found them warm. Grabbed a wrench and backed them off real quick and off we went! View attachment 844779
View attachment 844780
View attachment 844781

Sweet! What did you pay for the kit? I've bid on a couple of them but felt like 600 was too much to pay.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Hauled a Deere 350C today, and what was supposed to be a simple delivery turned into a FIASCO. GPS took me in down an old road, get this, that had been closed for 40 years according to the owner of the property. I traveled down thinking I was right where I needed to be until I came up on a swamp. I was headed to a hunting camp to drop this thing off and for once in my life trusted my GPS and it bit me. The soft water soaked silt/sand left me able to pull into a situation that was impossible to back out of. I finally accepted defeat, unloaded the dozer and accessories, got them out of the way, and backed through these nasty ruts you see, turned hard right and went through a marsh wide open and ALMOST hurried myself but made it through and met the dozer on dry land and loaded back up, rerouted and was on my way. Considering Everything turned out OK now I can look back and laugh; good timesIMG_6335.jpg
IMG_6337.jpg
IMG_6348.jpg
IMG_6350.jpg
IMG_6349.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hauled a Deere 350C today, and what was supposed to be a simple delivery turned into a FIASCO. GPS took me in down an old road, get this, that had been closed for 40 years according to the owner of the property. I traveled down thinking I was right where I needed to be until I came up on a swamp. I was headed to a hunting camp to drop this thing off and for once in my life trusted my GPS and it bit me. The soft water soaked silt/sand left me able to pull into a situation that was impossible to back out of. I finally accepted defeat, unloaded the dozer and accessories, got them out of the way, and backed through these nasty ruts you see, turned hard right and went through a marsh wide open and ALMOST hurried myself but made it through and met the dozer on dry land and loaded back up, rerouted and was on my way. Considering Everything turned out OK now I can look back and laugh; good timesView attachment 848124
View attachment 848125
View attachment 848126
View attachment 848127
View attachment 848128

Use that truckerpath app I sent you. It has a truck GPS on there that will keep you out of places you don't belong

You can also chain tracked equipment directly to the track with your binders so you can go straight to your tie downs and save chain

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks