• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What insureance do you have on your m1008 0r m1009?

a68cudas

Was curious on what insurance you have on you m1008 or m1009? Is it a a pain to get like it is for a deuce? Any stipulations since its a military vehicle? I live in ohio and all my other vehicle are insured by state farm i asked them if they cover military vehicles and they said they didn't? who do you recommend?

4bogginchevys

I have the little lizard isurance...they questioned thouroghly about what "type of vehicle it was" and I restated atleast 3 times.....it's a 1 ton truck that was sold to the military, not the public....exact same as an 84 civvy truck. They eventually just said ok, liability ins....42.00 a month...plow insurance through same company...62.00 a month:-D

Carl_in_NH

Interesting that SF said they wouldn't cover it - I have two deuces insured with them (but in NH). I went with them because covering deuces wasn't an issue at all - so I moved all my business over to them.

An m1008 or m1009 is really a civi vehicle with some electrical and other minor modifications; why on Earth would they not insure them? Perhaps when you mentioned 'military vehicle' they thought you were talking about armor. You should have another talk with the agent and go into detail on what this is.

K9Vic

I have Farmers and had no problems getting it cover with my agent. He did not even call me back with questions as I told him it was a military postal vehicle per the VIN at Carfax. On my card it says "Other truck" and I am paying about $30 a month.

Crash_AF

USAA here, I told them it was a 1986 Chevy Blazer and that since it was sold to the .gov that the VIN is a little different. She found it in the system with no problems.

Later,
Joe

jimm1009

Farm Bureau here in Louisiana since late 1995. I only have liability but never any problems
with acceptance for coverage.

jimm1009

acmunro

I have State Farm on all of mine. Some are on my personal policy. Some are commercial since I use them for my business. I have had some issues with State Farm getting the VIN right. The military vin has a different letter since it is military and was not in the state farm system. They initially substituted 2 different letters and the insurance card came back as an S10 Blazer when it should have been a K-5 Blazer (M1009) . I call them on it and they said it could be added to the system. Took some time, but It is all good now. Hopefully in the future the VINs will go right in.

I have two areas to have coverage,

IE I have property both in California and Northern Nevada.

At my California property I have farmers with liability coverage and comprehensive coverage as well on my M1008 and M1028 and at my northern Nevada property I have 1 operators policy on all of my M series trucks, they just wanted the make, model and VIN #'s of all the trucks and they all have liability coverage.

Stetson is the broker for that policy. I don’t remember the underwriter.

panama

State Farm.
Never even mentioned it being a Military vehicle (M1009)...just an '86 Chevy Blazer.
They never looked twice at the VIN.

ralbelt

Peerless insurance, I never mentioned military , just a pickup truck ,diesel. and gave them the vin # . If they ask no questions I tell no lies.

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

Country Companies. They didn't have any problems with the VIN either. I told them it was former Military version of the Chevy Blazer.

I'm paying about $38/month for liability + comp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks